Not applicable

Re: NAVY DOES WHAT NOW!!!!!

@AverageJoesCredit 

That is interesting for sure..  I'm at the max so no prequal for me lol

Message 11 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymousaawesome, thanks for the update, that will come in super handy for the one who get nervous about a second or third card...  to bad it doesn't sound like it would work for a CLI 

Message 12 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad I can bring some new tips to the forum.....
Even tho most dont reccomend my getting a second card at my 91/3 mark at the end of Oct, I can still see when it comes if I'm pre qualified, real question is how solid are the offers and if you still can be denied. I'm sure we'll get some more feedback on this goin forward.......
Message 13 of 68
zerofire
Valued Contributor

I think they probably get asked about credit cards a lot. But phone only? Navy overboard much?

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 14 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just for clarification, Navy can run you in their computers to see if anything pops up if you call into them without a HP? Wouldnt that be the same as the results of your AR sitting in your file? I'm thinking the CSRs just have visual access to what's already there. IF on the other hand they can manually SP you and tell you whats good, thats something different entirely. Maybe someone can follow up as I just called and was told they have to HP me to check. FYI no products for me under my belt yet other than the checking/savings acct. I told the CSR I would get back to them when ready for the HP.

Message 15 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Glad I can bring some new tips to the forum.....
Even tho most dont reccomend my getting a second card at my 91/3 mark at the end of Oct, I can still see when it comes if I'm pre qualified, real question is how solid are the offers and if you still can be denied. I'm sure we'll get some more feedback on this goin forward.......

@Anonymous 

Agreed.  we'll need to see more DP's on it.  Now that it's out there that they have it, we'll see some.  Wouldn't have seen DP's if you hadnt brought it up, so i just wanted to say thanks as i'm sure the other Navy members who can get another card are thankful for as well. 

By the way, if you ever want to learn how to build a siggy or if you need help building one, you can shoot me a PM anytime and we can make that happen.   I love the coding for siggy, so i'm always down to help learn or build Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

@zerofire wrote:

I think they probably get asked about credit cards a lot. But phone only? Navy overboard much?

@zerofire 

But i haven't called about another card in over a year LOL   

Seriously tho, i'm sure they do, so this is awesome as long as all the reps know.  Sometimes it can take a bit for the word to spread if it's not high given in work communications.  Not that we've ever gotten wrong info from time to time Smiley Wink    Navy is still the best 

Message 17 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most definitely, I'll get in contact with you on that for sure

Anytime I can help with what I know are found out elsewhere, I'm down. All the knowledge and info I got from everyone here, I had to pass the word. Big Ups FICO Forum
Message 18 of 68
zerofire
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@zerofire wrote:

@zerofire 

But i haven't called about another card in over a year LOL   

You have not perhaps but others have. They now are expecting you to have the same questions since as a member you are technically their boss. In the end they are trying to be helpful as much as possible.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 19 of 68
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Sounds decent in theory but I just don't trust a phone rep taking my info saying that they're going to "prequal" me only to get a ding while on said phone call from a credit monitoring service. 

Great if it works...but there would be a need for quite a few DPs before I'd trust something like that...especially with a phone rep. 

Message 20 of 68
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.