Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAVY FEDERAL FEVER!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NAVY FEDERAL FEVER!!!!

I have a question for you guys. I finally got  approved for a refinance through Navy Federal, and I also have a Platinum Card with them for $22,100 and a CLOC for $5000 dollars for about 4 months now, do you think I should wait a little longer to pay down some of the debt on my Platinum Card & CLOC before applying for a Cash Rewards Card and asking for a  CLI for the CLOC? I used about 45% of the limit and my scores range from about 650 - 680 on all 3. Also just FYI, I applied for CLI for Platinum 91 days after and they denied my request because of my original SL was so high, I believe. Please let me know what your thoughts are.  I am itching to apply for that Cash Rewards Card and ask for $15K for the CLOC. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Re: NAVY FEDERAL FEVER!!!!

I would certainly try to reduce your utilization. 45% of $22,100 is $9,945. Get that below 9% unless you have a 0% balance transfer that is saving you money.

Message 2 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

You could still try butagree with Appleman, reduce your utilization 1st. It may helpSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 5
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a question for you guys. I finally got  approved for a refinance through Navy Federal, and I also have a Platinum Card with them for $22,100 and a CLOC for $5000 dollars for about 4 months now, do you think I should wait a little longer to pay down some of the debt on my Platinum Card & CLOC before applying for a Cash Rewards Card and asking for a  CLI for the CLOC? I used about 45% of the limit and my scores range from about 650 - 680 on all 3. Also just FYI, I applied for CLI for Platinum 91 days after and they denied my request because of my original SL was so high, I believe. Please let me know what your thoughts are.  I am itching to apply for that Cash Rewards Card and ask for $15K for the CLOC. 

IMHO, I think you were denied because you have probably reached your internal maximum amount with NFCU. Also, I agree with the others, that it's best to get your UT way down, to <9% before applying for a CLI or another CC.

GL to you.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 5
peghede
Valued Contributor

Wrong advice above., navy loves high balances they don't care when cli, they care more about your income first. Also since they give u big sl on first card go for second card (you should get close to half of 1st card sl)..and when cli dont go 91 days go more like 93 / 94 days.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.