NFCU 3RD Card Declined

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: NFCU 3RD Card Declined

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Suprised you were declined as well.. How is your DTI and utilization?  Maybe you didn't have enough hp's for NFCU likings?Smiley Happy..  Many with ALOT more inquiries than yourself and credit and some with alot lesser scores have got the 3rd card.  Be interesting to hear the reasoning.  Sorry @CreditMagic7 ..  Always try again in a month or two depending on reasoning

No one was more surprised than me. You read all the time peeps with collections and such sporting mid-upper 600's getting cards from NFCU but with a clean CR and 760 FICO (749 NFCU Model) and 1/3 cards reporting some balance like i always do it was a gut check.

Nevertheless in a way i'm glad it worked out in spite of the turn down because even though i erased my INQ's (only 1 now), a 3rd card from NFCU and 2nd consecutive new card reporting might scratched the AAOA just a little more than i wanted if the SL was low.

BB&T is low enough at the 4.5K SP approval when across the board i'm showing 20K lines on almost every card but 5 and that lowest is Home Depot at 5K. And i just closed my only Chase card at 7.5K because the thing never grew an ounce in all the time it was active. Was time to ditch it.

ya really doesn't make sense would love to hear their reasoning.  As stated many people with lesser profiles as yourself as I know alot of what you have since been on forum and known you for awhile which is why i find it suprising partially vs. other peoples profiles.  Could be max credit extended reason, but if that is the case you will get a call in next day or two asking if you want to move some limit off of other two of their cards to open a 3rd.  If that is a case I would suggest it especially if it is for a sub..  As that card will grow as well.. Hoping that is the case

I wouldn't like that. BofA already pulls from peter to add to paul so if they wanted to shift i'm totally against that.

Plus the fact that these pair of NFCU cards are 25 & 20K respectively, with history already accrued i would much rather leave that much on the reports for other lenders to see as favorable. Still, it was a try anyway and only the loss of adding a single INQ but better yet only 1 new card to affect AAOA which is helped improved FICO numbers. As you well know it used to be consistently in the 6 months to 1 year range for the longest time.

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.