Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU AmEx card arrived

tag
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

NFCU AmEx card arrived

Approved a week ago Friday (8th late evening, $15k SL) and the card arrived today - interesting design with a chip (I assume they all do now), but unlike my other NFCU card, the card is flat - no embossed raised account numbers.  

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU AmEx card arrived

Would you be willing to post a picture? I'm so curious how it looks in person! I applied and was denied sadly and I've been wondering how it looks. Congrats on the card.
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice! I am pretty sure my newly issued cashRewards is still embossed. I'm rapidly becoming a fan of flat cards & find myself thinking condescending thoughts towards my few remaining embossed cards, with the exception of the CSP since it's my metal novelty. Not that I ever actually use a physical card thanks to SamPay but still..
Message 3 of 16
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

Send us a pic! Edit out what you need of course. 😉

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pics or it didn't happen Smiley Wink!!!

Message 5 of 16
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: NFCU AmEx card arrived - picture

Name and Security code on the front removed (by me) - the account number is stamped "hard" into the rear signature panel and slightly shows through but the account number is not embossed on the front of the card.

NFCU_AE_Pix.jpg

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi pipeguy, congratulations with your new NFCU AMEX! I want to app for this card in a couple of months. My internal NavyFed score is 307. Do you think it's good enough?

Message 7 of 16
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi pipeguy, congratulations with your new NFCU AMEX! I want to app for this card in a couple of months. My internal NavyFed score is 307. Do you think it's good enough?

Your guess is as good as mine, my letter said 298 and last Spring when I got my GoRewards it was 328 - note my TU FICO is currently 781 and the "reasons on the letter were well....just silly.

The number of balance decreases on non-mortgage accounts in last 3 months  (really? lower balances = a bad thing)

Limited Credit Experience (really? my AmEx says 1978 on it, I have 28 open credit cards, no derogs, etc)

Anyway, I don't "get" NFCU's scoring, but they've given me $40k in revolving credit in the last 6 months so... there is a clue...

Message 8 of 16
kobe2012
Established Contributor

Got mine last Saturday, thought it was ugly .. lol ... my quicksilver looks better... but it's ok ... my internal score was 269 

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the input pipeguy. Never know about NFCU. They are the best!

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.