AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 12 of 31
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: NFCU CLI SP??

@Irv02 wrote:

@Anonymous I just put in for CLI on 7/23/2020 for my Cash Rewards CC on the mobile app and is was a SP.   They gave me $3,000 even though I asked for $5,000. I'm happy!!

Congratulations on your CLI!

Message 13 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Irv02Congrats on the increase! I froze my reports last night so going to put in a request this morning!

Message 14 of 31
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Good luck!

Don't be surprised if it takes 2-3 business days to get a decision.  An easy way to check for an approval is to look at the card balance via the moblie app and check the available credit, if there is an approval the available credit and CL will be adjusted almost immediately.   I myself had requested one a week ago Thursday and didn't get an approval until last Monday.

Since there are a number of recent data points to support the theory that the maximum SP CLI they are granting right now is $4K I suggest that you tailor your request accordingly.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 15 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@coldfusion  Thanks for the encouraging words and setting expectations right! 

This card was only my second in my rebuild with only a $500 limit. Therefore knowing the 3x max rule I only asked for $2000 hoping they will counter with $1500. 

It has been my intention all along to apply for a 2nd card first, but with my PenFed approval this weekend, I've placed myself in the garden until at least next April. At that point Navy will be aged a year, 3 of my 6 TU inquiries will be a year+, and gives my reports 9 months+ to cool off. Hopefully by then the economic factors in play now are relaxed some by then as well. 

Again, thanks for you post!!

Message 16 of 31
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Good evening everyone! I know it's been discussed many, many times but there seems to be some conflicting information lately on Navy's use of SP for CLI's. My 91/3 is tomorrow and I would like to request a CLI on my More Rewards card, however, I was just approved today for a PenFed PCR at the highest SL in my rebuilt ($5000). Since NFCU uses EQ data for CLI's and PenFed pulls EQ I'm nervous to risk a hard pull and possibly raise eyebrows at PenFed. 

My question is for those who have requested in the last week or two, did you experience a hard pull?

Thanks everyone!

I would not count on it being a SP. In my experience it has often been a HP.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 17 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica  Well, lets hope not since I pulled the trigger this morning. Reports are all three frozen so should get kicked back anyway. If denied for that reason, so be it. Not worth another HP for only a CLI right now. 

Thanks for tour input and have a great day!

Message 18 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I hadn't heard anything from my request placed Sunday so called this morning to check status...CLI was declined. Waiting for letter to explain the details. 

TBH...was somewhat of a gut punch. Only a $500 card and requested $2000 (expecting a 3X counter to $1500). Since opening I have carried this card daily, putting about $2k spend through it. Paid off multiple times a month, even letting a little report. Card balance was $130 at time of request. 

Good news...it was a soft pull. All reports frozen. Last SP from Navy and current FICO 9 they have listed is EQ705. 

Wait now for letter and see what the reasoning is. 🤷‍♂️

Message 19 of 31
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations @Irv02  on your increase!!

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.