Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Communication on a CLI request?

tag
CCrew
Regular Contributor

NFCU Communication on a CLI request?

Requested a CLI increase last week, doesn't reflect that it was granted, but also no communication in the message center that it was denied. Any data points on how they usually communicate pass/fail on the CLI requests? 

I usually review all my accounts at the beginning of the year and ask for increases "just because" and they're the single lender that has been stone silent on a request. 

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: NFCU Communication on a CLI request?

I requested CLIs last year on both my NCFU cards which were granted, I checked my credit limits online and they showed the new CLs within 1 or 2 days after I'd submitted the request.  

There wasn't any communication from NFCU other than I received a snail mail letter for one of the accounts on which I'd requested a $10K increase but was only granted the customary $8K increase ;  it stated that I'd reached the max credit exposure, or something along those lines.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 17
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Generally speaking, they don't tell you whether it was approved or not. If there's radio silence, it means it was denied. If it was approved, you'd see the new credit limit within a few days.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 17
coreyb80
Super Contributor

They've been hit or miss on communication with CLIs.  I requested one too early recently and was shocked when I received an email stating that the request was denied.  If you haven't seen any change after 72 hours I would assume that it was denied.

Message 4 of 17
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@CCrew wrote:

Requested a CLI increase last week, doesn't reflect that it was granted, but also no communication in the message center that it was denied. Any data points on how they usually communicate pass/fail on the CLI requests? 

I usually review all my accounts at the beginning of the year and ask for increases "just because" and they're the single lender that has been stone silent on a request. 

Thanks. 

@CCrew,

If you do not see a change in your credit limit within about 72 hours (Usually 24-48)  from request,

You will have to wait for a snail mail letter ..with reasons why you were denied.

ETA: Once in a blue moon, you will actually get an email. But not very often. .. (I may have asked too soon?)

(click image to enlarge)(click image to enlarge)

Message 5 of 17
CCrew
Regular Contributor

Thanks all. Still on radio silence from them so I'll assume denied. Have two cards at $22k and $25k, was trying to get the $22 to $25 just out of OCD!

Message 6 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Usually silencio but last couple attempts have gotten emails within a day of request, which is highly unusual for themSmiley Wink.  

Message 7 of 17
Heatt99
Frequent Contributor

Check your email. They usually send an email stating approval or denial.

If denied, wait for the letter in the mail.

Message 8 of 17
CCrew
Regular Contributor

@Heatt99 wrote:

Check your email. They usually send an email stating approval or denial.

If denied, wait for the letter in the mail.

Thanks. Nothing in email nor their secure message center which is why I asked. Thanks for the response tho. 

Message 9 of 17
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Oddly enough because of this thread I wanted to test the theory.  Technically I'm not eligible until Sunday for a CLI, but I requested one yesterday prematurely and just now received a denial email from them.  2 for 2 now, so maybe they're forming some consistency now.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.