Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU as third CC - Data Points?

tag
lamplight2012
Frequent Contributor

NFCU as third CC - Data Points?

Hello, all.

I'm now a member of NFCU with Checking/Savings account. Currently, I have two Cap 1 CC totalling $1,300 credit line. This card will be added just to satisfy FICO scoring, and to help utilization. Not interested in rewards. I see the NFCU Platinum. Do you think with my scores I'll be approved?

NFCU Platinum(8.74% to 18%)

• No annual fee
  • No balance transfer fee
  • No cash advance fee
  • No foreign transaction fee
  • Best interest rate of all our cards
  • Earn statement credits through Member Mall®2
  • Available in MasterCard and Visa

Thank you!

Experian: 693 | Transunion: 700 | Equifax: 690 | Utilization 4 %

EX: 5 | TU: 8 | EQ: 7
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU as third CC - Data Points?

Hi lamplight2012! How long have your CapOnes been open? What is your AAoA (average age of accounts)? I don't know how NFCU is with thin files either, I'm sure more knowledgeable myfico'ers will chime in to help..😊
Message 2 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Hello Lamplight, posting on questions about apping and approvsl odds would be better served in Applications subforum or credit cards as approvals is for approvals only.

In regards to your question im on mobile so i cant see your sigbature and we almost no data points to work from to help give you better advice. It would be gelful if you could list your current Fico score, utilization , and maybe aaol. Do you have any baddies etc. I know many hwve been able to get a good limit with Navy with a limited profile but also having a strong income and low dti will really help.
Message 3 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Sorry just saw post was moved or im going crazySmiley Wink
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

With scores over 670 you should be golden for the platinum at a single digit apr. If your utilization is sub 10%, I wouldn't be surprised to hear about your $10-20k SL in the next few hours. 

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I should probably add that I apped with a TU score just shy of 600, 1% uti on $3.2k of revolving cards, a CO with Merrick still showing unpaid. I was approved. However, my income is pretty good, and my credit history has been perfect since February with large payments thanks to this forum finally teaching me how to use credit. My nfcu internal score was around 370 out of 450 when the card came.
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applying to Navy for a CC, resulting in 3 total revolving credit lines

Hey LL,

I looked over some of your past posts, so I would be able to make a more informed response, given that you currently only have two CCs.

With the increase in your Fico scores, you should be approved.

As you may have noticed, it is the weekend, and if you are not immediately approved, the skeleton crew they have working on weekends, might not have the time to review your application and get it approved quickly & in a TIMELY manner.

My recommendation is for you to consider applying next week. This way they have a full staff of loan officers and under writers to review your application and "appeal" known as a Recon, reconsideration. In the message you would address their answers as to why you were denied, and why they should approve you. You obviously have enough reasons and information to address that you are a safe and reliable risk on their part.

I have successfully conducted recons with both Navy & Pen Fed, and find the effort to be more easily resolved and in a timely manner during the work week.

Best Wishes!!!

@lamplight2012 wrote:

Hello, all.

I'm now a member of NFCU with Checking/Savings account. Currently, I have two Cap 1 CC totalling $1,300 credit line. This card will be added just to satisfy FICO scoring, and to help utilization. Not interested in rewards. I see the NFCU Platinum. Do you think with my scores I'll be approved?

NFCU Platinum(8.74% to 18%)

Message 7 of 16
lamplight2012
Frequent Contributor

Re: Applying to Navy for a CC, resulting in 3 total revolving credit lines

Thanks for the responses everyone. Had to recover from Derby weekend in Louisville, KY. 

My utilization is a tad over 30 %, so I'm going to knock that out first, then apply. I'll update the thread once I do!

Message 8 of 16
lamplight2012
Frequent Contributor

A little bit of delay, but, here it is! My biggest tradeline yet! I ain't going to lie, I kinda lost my breath a little. lol woohoo

Congratulations - You're Approved!
You have been approved for a Platinum card from Navy Federal. Your credit line will be $14,400.
$14,400Credit Limit
9.74% variable APR,  $0 Annual Fee

Message 9 of 16
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval!! NICE APR and SL!!!

Just wait about 100 days until you get your first CLI.. You should easily hit $20k-$24k after the AR

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.