Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU credit card app questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU credit card app questions

Hello MyFicoers,

You guys have been a tremendous help to me so far! I have learnt so much in the short time I have been on this board.

I had a few more questions before I join NFCU, app for a CC and Navcheck. I was told by a rep that doing all 3 on the phone would result in just one pull. Have any of you had any experience with this? Also when applying for a credit card online, there is a section that asks if there will be a balance transfer? Is it wise to say yes and input the account details/amount. Wondering if this aids or hurts my chances of getting a good CL.

Thanks so much 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
tiger_uppercut
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU credit card app questions

Separate HP for all three. Not sure about the BT stuff, someone else can chime in.

Message 2 of 7
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello MyFicoers,

You guys have been a tremendous help to me so far! I have learnt so much in the short time I have been on this board.

I had a few more questions before I join NFCU, app for a CC and Navcheck. I was told by a rep that doing all 3 on the phone would result in just one pull. Have any of you had any experience with this? Also when applying for a credit card online, there is a section that asks if there will be a balance transfer? Is it wise to say yes and input the account details/amount. Wondering if this aids or hurts my chances of getting a good CL.

Thanks so much 

Membership= HARD PULL

CC= HARD PULL

NavCheck= HARD PULL

Honestly, checking the box indicating you desire to do a balance transfer is enough.  Considering NFCU will be pulling your credit report, they will see your overall indebtness and exposure--so not putting the information won't mean you will get a higher credit limit IMHO.  Credit score, income, DTI, etc will be the deciding factors of how much overall credit they are willing to extend to you at any given time.

FICO scores are your calling card to the business world. Build a negative reputation and those doors are hard to open, find that perfect balance of credit responsibility and those doors open when you desire them.
Message 3 of 7
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

I don't think a BT will effect the CL. Navy gives good limits anyway Smiley Tongue

As stated, all 3 will likely be a HP. You can try over the phone, can't hurt lol

But what we have learned is it is 3 separate departments, Membership, CC lending and Navcheck Lending departments (Navcheck may be same as personal loans and auto). They can not see each others pulls.

Good luck
If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

On 11/14/2014 I applied online for NFCU Membership, Checking, Savings, Cash Rewards Visa  and Line of Credit- Received 2 hp's and a sp. All Eq.

Message 5 of 7
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

When I signed up I was a bit dumb..

First signed up for savings = Hp
Then Checking = another HP..

Then applied for 3 cards = 3 HPs

Needless to say Navy backed the HP truck up and started dumping all over my CR, all but 1 was on EQ.

The pulls effected my scores enough to increase my APR on the last card by 3% from the first.
If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the responses guys. I guess there is no way around the triple triple pulls. I will hold off on the balance transfer selection then.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.