cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

@Jazee wrote:

Well I just did out of curiosity a check to see what PLOCs Credit Karma would pre-approve me for as it indicated they were soft pulls.  It triggered a sling of emails for several lenders saying I needed to unlock my TU profile.  So I guess I mistakenly assumed freezing your TU profile would allow a soft pull for a CLI request?  I'm surprised though I've gotten no email or phone call from NFCU saying they can't process my CLI request because they can't do a soft pull from TU?  However I swear I have seen several messages before about freezing your report before asking for CLI to make sure you don't get a hard pull.  But it looks like it prevents soft pulls too so how can you get a CLI approved from NFCU if you freeze your TU profile?

Your CLI will most likely be an EQ 9 

TU 9 is used in approvals. 

Message 31 of 1,522
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

@Jazee wrote:

Well I just did out of curiosity a check to see what PLOCs Credit Karma would pre-approve me for as it indicated they were soft pulls.  It triggered a sling of emails for several lenders saying I needed to unlock my TU profile.  So I guess I mistakenly assumed freezing your TU profile would allow a soft pull for a CLI request?  I'm surprised though I've gotten no email or phone call from NFCU saying they can't process my CLI request because they can't do a soft pull from TU?  However I swear I have seen several messages before about freezing your report before asking for CLI to make sure you don't get a hard pull.  But it looks like it prevents soft pulls too so how can you get a CLI approved from NFCU if you freeze your TU profile?

This is incorrect. I just got a sp cli with my TU locked . 

Message 32 of 1,522
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jazee wrote:

Your CLI will most likely be an EQ 9 

TU 9 is used in approvals. 

First part is confusing.  Cli will be based off ones TU fico 9, but Navy is known to sp your other bureaus , in my case ive had Ex soft pulled. 

Message 33 of 1,522
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Jazee wrote:

You can get a CLI with your reports locked/frozen if your profile with them is good enough but locks and freezes do indeed block SPs unless they're coded as AR. 

Message 34 of 1,522
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's my understanding the most CLI requests are a SP of your EQ 9

TU 9 HP for a new CC

That's my understanding.  

Message 35 of 1,522
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

TU 9 HP for a new CC

That's my understanding.  

Yes, I'd love some clarification on this if at all possible. I had posted recently in the old thread about this and the common consensus was that it was EQ9 for CLI's. 

Message 36 of 1,522
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Jazee wrote:

You can get a CLI with your reports locked/frozen if your profile with them is good enough but locks and freezes do indeed block SPs unless they're coded as AR. 

Thats true, 100% . However, most times once an account is established with Navy, even 3 months, most people can get sp approvals with everything locked and frozen because Navy now has permissible reason to view your reports , to my understanding. But thanks for clarification @Anonymous Smiley Happy. Always appreciatedSmiley Happy

Message 37 of 1,522
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

TU 9 HP for a new CC

That's my understanding.  

Yes, I'd love some clarification on this if at all possible. I had posted recently in the old thread about this and the common consensus was that it was EQ9 for CLI's. 

Regardless if its EQ9 or TU9,  going off your score given by Navy will give you a general idea on where you stand. I dont put too much stock in scores but if you are managing your accounts responsibly,  Navy usually  take cares of ones needSmiley Happy

Message 38 of 1,522
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Received the letter from my CLI denial. At max limit and they used EQ.

Message 39 of 1,522
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for CLI of $4k. EQ9 score was 843

Message 40 of 1,522
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.