Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Navy Federal UPDATED CLI and 2ND ACCOUNT THREAD

You can ask once a year!
Message 101 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay thanks so much CA are they good about APR reductions? Do they do any type of pull when requesting one either a SP or HP?
Message 102 of 17,187
Chilli
Established Contributor

@Creditqueen,

no credit pulls. You just have to call or send a message requesting it each year.

Message 103 of 17,187
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

@Chilli wrote:

@Anonymous,

no credit pulls. You just have to call or send a message requesting it each year.

Good to know. Thank you !

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 104 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applied for a car loan through NFCU.  They didn't tell me flat out no, but they did just email asking me for income verification documents.  Do you think they'll approve it once I prove my income since they didn't tell me outright no?  I'm so nervous!

Message 105 of 17,187
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Applied for a car loan through NFCU.  They didn't tell me flat out no, but they did just email asking me for income verification documents.  Do you think they'll approve it once I prove my income since they didn't tell me outright no?  I'm so nervous!

yes

Message 106 of 17,187
creditlady43
Regular Contributor

Thanks CreditAddict, I was hoping you would start a new thread.  I followed your advice and paid off all of my store cards.  My Navy Fed Account is still lingering at around $8,800 balance with a $10,000 limit.  I plan to have that paid off by March 2015.  My BlueGreen is sitting at $7,000 balance and Cap 1 has a balance of $1,300 (maxed), Cap 1 (new has a balance of $750).  I must admit that since the last time we talked my credit scores have finally started moving upwards consistently.  I'm hoping that one day soon Navy will see how much work and effort I am putting into this credit game and give me an increase.  I just feel like because I have maxed that card out at least 2 times and I've had it since April 2014, that Navy does not trust me.  I am taking your advice and gardening and that seems to be what is causing my credit score to increase so rapidly compard to before when I was charging left and right.  I want Navy to trust me and know that I'm in this for the long haul.  I feel like once I get these last few credit card balance down to a minimum Navy will be willing to offer me something more.  Your thoughts?

Navy Fed Sig. Visa ($27,500)|BlueGreen Encore Rewards ($10,000)|CapitalOne ($6,950)|Discover ($1,000)
Starting Equifax Score: 520 (5/2014) - Current Score: 726
Starting Transunion Score: 613 (5/2014) - Current Score: 733
Starting Experian: 595 - Current Score: 742
Message 107 of 17,187
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Sounds like a plan to check in April for cli
Message 108 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm new here but I feel like I've been on here a lot from listening to my partner chilli. Here's my story. NFCU wouldn't give me a dime but they give my partner it all. Not me.. My partner opened a secured card for me in September and told me to be patient and wait. my partner had me app for a cash rewards card today. NFCU approve it for only 1K.

now my partner, CHILLI tells me to be thankful I got 1k and to wait 3 months but I see everyone else have a bigger limit and so does she! i an trying to figure out what do 3 months have to do with this because all she do is mumble about 3 months to get a higher limit. Can you keep my message private from her.

Message 109 of 17,187
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm new here but I feel like I've been on here a lot from listening to my partner chilli. Here's my story. NFCU wouldn't give me a dime but they give my partner it all. Not me.. My partner opened a secured card for me in September and told me to be patient and wait. my partner had me app for a cash rewards card today. NFCU approve it for only 1K.

now my partner, CHILLI tells me to be thankful I got 1k and to wait 3 months but I see everyone else have a bigger limit and so does she! i an trying to figure out what do 3 months have to do with this because all she do is mumble about 3 months to get a higher limit. Can you keep my message private from her.

sorry won't be private when you post here to the forumn and use her name!

I went years with a secured card with navy and couldn't get anything unsecured and then finally did get $1k and a few months later $1500 and then $2500 and then split to 2 cards and then $7500 and then $17500 and then split to 3 cards and now I have $25, $20, $14k on my credit cards in all under a year from my $1k unsecured!!!

I always found it very frustrating that I wasn't getting the big initial limits and approvals many got including a roommate I helped get in with navy but then it turned around and turned around quick!!!

be paitnent and treat them right and they will reward you.

The 3 month is talked about a lot because many have success getting first CLI on navy at 3 months.

Message 110 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.