tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: New Amex App

@Cory88 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Cory88 wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

As mentioned above, how long you've been a member doesn't influence pre-approvals as much as your credit report. If your report is dirty/has high utilization/high DTI, it won't look good and they'll be more nervous to approve any additional credit products - even revolvers. 

I have low DTI and very low ult and AooA is 5 years. Two student loans in repayment total balance on both is $1500.

No one here is going to be able to provide the specific reason(s) as to why your profile isn't yielding pre-approved offers for the revolvers vs their charge cards. It's buried somewhere within AENB's internal algorithms and secret sauce. Potentially, you can keep trying periodically and see what it yields for you down the road.

I wonder if it because I just moved in Aug 2021.

🤷‍♂️

Message 11 of 12
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: New Amex App

@Cory88 wrote:

I'm a card member since 2011 and have a credit score of 791 and I was looking at pre approvals and it's said I was pre approved for all charge cards and not on any revolvers. I find that strange since my time with amex and three cards. Has anyone know anything about this?

I wouldn't worry about prequalification. I've always had more prequalification for their charge cards than their revolvers. It's probably going to be a soft pull anyway, so you have nothing to lose.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.