Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official NFCU CLI Guide

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Can we have "OFFICIAL NFCU CLI - HOW IT WORKS!"

Employment will either not be verified or they will ask for last 2 pay stubs. They do not accept income that is not verified by taxes, like checking account statements, PayPal, etc.

And no card really easier unless you can't get full $5k then you can't get navy signature (the black card) I prefer the cash.

Well if mortgage shopping maybe not but why not get pre-approved with navy for it?
Higher credit line would probably help you!
Message 41 of 5,746
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

What do you do if you don't have actual paystubs?

You're saying you like the cash rewards card? I have one from Discover, but I heard this one is better? I just wasn't sure if one card was harder to get vs. the others due to required income amount, or required FICO score...those types of things.

BTW....do you have to open the checking/savings account with a minimum amount and/or keep a minimum balance?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Amazon store $2500(10/12), Cap1 $1500 (10/12), Discover $1700 (11/1/12).
Message 42 of 5,746
starry1
Valued Contributor

I really have to stay out of these NFCU theads.  I have a ways to go before I can ask for my first CLI.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 43 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

No card less income or Fico to get outside of secured which does not matter income.
2012 taxes might work.
Message 44 of 5,746
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

So asking for paystubs is something they randomly decide to do?

Is it usually when asking for a CLI on an existing card, or when applying for a new card.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Message 45 of 5,746
riker20
New Contributor

NFCU has never asked me for a paystub.   However, I do have my direct deposit with them, so they can see how much I make.  My next CLI will be for 50k and I'm certain it will be a HP. 

CreditAddict - I think you are right on track with your theory that anything over 25k is automatic 3-5 day message. 

NFCU Flagship - 50k | Chase Sapphire Preferred - 38k | AMEX BCE - 29.3k | Best Buy Store Card - 21k | Furniture Row - 19.7k | Lowes Card - 16k | NFCU LOC - 15k | Amazon Store - 12k | Macy's - 6000
Message 46 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Sitori wrote:

So asking for paystubs is something they randomly decide to do?

Is it usually when asking for a CLI on an existing card, or when applying for a new card.

I don't know what triggers income verification... my roommate joined and got instant approval for $7k which is about $5k more than highest, he was maxed 99% on ALL cards, had a 30 day late within last 60 days and was not asked for income... oh and a score about 80 points lower than myself and I have been asked for income EVERY time I have applied.

My partner was asked for income for refi on a car back when he first joined, but so far nothing additional since.

I have had 2 other friends or family join and get credit within first week and not get income verification.

I really didn't luck out on that at all! I have no idea what makes them want to verify vs. not. I even tried putting ALL my money into them for a while running over $6k a month in deposits an they still wanted income verification and that was that.

Message 47 of 5,746
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

wow how weird.   I guess I'll just have to hope for the best lol.  I mean I can give them some sort of tax info possibly, or maybe use my fiance as a co-signer...although his credit is horrible, but he has the paystubs lol.  Sigh. We have a joint wells fargo checking/savings account so his direct deposit shows there as in my account as well. Maybe a statement showing the direct deposit would work? He doesnt even get a physical paystub..it's all electronic.

I guess I'll just have to take my chances when I apply and see what happens. Maybe I'll get lucky..for once. haha.

It is a HP when applying for a checking account with them though right?

EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Message 48 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Yes
Message 49 of 5,746
PokemonMaster
Frequent Contributor

On the CashRewards Visa Signature card does it say that it's a Signature card on it? Like the Flagship Rewards card does in the picture below.

Message 50 of 5,746
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.