Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official NFCU CLI Guide

tag
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Re: Can we have "OFFICIAL NFCU CLI - HOW IT WORKS!"

I say you have a 50/50 chance on it being a HP. History has shown that the FIRST time you request a CLI it is a HP and then SP's after that until you hit your max. However, with you having an auto increase....you might be able to max out with just a SP.

IF you request an increase....go for the max...NFCU loves to counter-offer!!!

*8/10/13
Message 341 of 5,746
ElVerde

@ElVerde wrote:

So...dilemma.

I JUST applied and was approved for 6k CL on Slate yesterday, Have a NFCU cashrewards that was automatically increased from 10k to 11.5k YESTERDAY without me asking. These are my only 2 cards

So I come accross this thread and how can I possibly resist going for it?

Attempt 25k: I get the 2nd confirmation page.

Attempt 20k: I get the 2nd confirmation page.

Attempt 15k: I get the 2nd confirmation page.

Ugh...do I take the hard inquiry now (1 day after applying and being approved at chase) to get my 25k, or wait it out a bit? I hate to get another inquiry on my credit file (currently have 3 including what I'm sure will be the chase inq), but maybe it's worth it?

I have never requested a CLI on NFCU btw...just auto inc from 2k to 11.5k in almost 3 years. 

Update...because I have an issue with patience.

I just went for it and, despite the 2nd confirmation page...drumroll...INSTANT counteroffer of 17k. INSTANT acceptance by me, so presumably SP! I'll have to do this again sometime Smiley Wink

Just thought I'd share with anyone apprehensive about clicking the "love button"

Edit: I requested 25k and got countered 17k

Message 342 of 5,746
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Awesome!!!!! Way to Go !!!

*8/10/13
Message 343 of 5,746
ElVerde

Thank you!

myFICO should be required reading for everyone...I've been here 2 days and gone from:

1 card, 10,000 CL, 58% util

to

2 cards, 23,000 CL, and 13% util (I paid down some debt thanks to some advice here)

ON ONE HP!

Smiley Very Happy

Message 344 of 5,746
dodfire
Valued Contributor

@ElVerde wrote:

Thank you!

myFICO should be required reading for everyone...I've been here 2 days and gone from:

1 card, 10,000 CL, 58% util

to

2 cards, 23,000 CL, and 13% util (I paid down some debt thanks to some advice here)

ON ONE HP!

Smiley Very Happy

AND......who knows how much you just raised your credit score!!! Smiley Happy

*8/10/13
Message 345 of 5,746
ElVerde

@dodfire wrote:

AND......who knows how much you just raised your credit score!!! Smiley Happy

I can't wait to find out...I'm cheap Smiley Sad so I don't actually pay to see my scores, but CK had me at 702 before all of this. Can't wait to see the impact!

Message 346 of 5,746
madmann26
Valued Contributor

That'll bring it up nicely.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 347 of 5,746
VinnyofLegend
Contributor

Thanks guys!

After being snubbed by Barclaycard today...500CL couldn't get ANY kind of increase, I'm just going to focus on NFCU getting my APRs down instead.

I have two cards, one at 10k, the other 13.5k, just took both of them to 25K instantly Smiley Happy

Total 26.5K increase in overall CLs, I'll take it Smiley Happy

Love NFCU!

Message 348 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@VinnyofLegend wrote:

Thanks guys!

After being snubbed by Barclaycard today...500CL couldn't get ANY kind of increase, I'm just going to focus on NFCU getting my APRs down instead.

I have two cards, one at 10k, the other 13.5k, just took both of them to 25K instantly Smiley Happy

Total 26.5K increase in overall CLs, I'll take it Smiley Happy

Love NFCU!

What is Barclay reason for NO CLI from $500 but you got so much with Navy?!

Message 349 of 5,746
VinnyofLegend
Contributor

Barclays just hates me Smiley Sad

There are no negatives on my report. Oldest account 13 years. AAoA 4 years. Multiple completed vehicle loan/leases. Student loans 4 months from completion. Only unfortunate thing is utilization was about 20%. I think it may be 16% now after the NFCU CLIs...

They didn't like my one BoA balance at promo APR (which I wanted to transfer to them to save a tiny % after promo ends, my BoA is at a decent 10.24APR). I've paid this down about 5K since originally transferring to it.

They apparently didn't like my Penfed loan. I've been paying every 2 weeks on this, I'm about 2 months ahead of the schedule now.

They apparently didn't like that I opened rewards cards last year after having virtually none (these are all PIF and all older than my Barclay Ring card). AAoA was 6 years before these rewards cards and recent lease changes went in.

They said I could try again after lowering the balance on the BoA, and the Penfed loan, and letting my rewards cards age more... (they're all 6+ mos today, will be 1 year by end of the year)

Once I get the Navy Plat card down to base APR (went from 15.99 to 11.99 last Oct, going to try for 7.99 this year), I will likely just move the balance to that. If not, the BoA APR isn't that bad.

I offered Barclay business that I have consistently given to BoA for over 6 years. I guess they didn't want easy money.

Message 350 of 5,746
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.