Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overstock.com Shopping Cart Trick...not really :/

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Overstock.com Shopping Cart Trick...not really :/

Gave the SCT a try, first time. I was instantly approved for $7,000!!!!! And I can use it right now.

recently moved cross country and did not move furnishings with me. Went to JC Penney last weekend to buy some things for my new home.

applied for their store card at check out and got the 7-10 day message. Think I'll be using Overstock instead! Besides I've read on this forum that Penneys is skimpy on their SL anyway. No wonder they're in trouble!

Message 61 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Gave the SCT a try, first time. I was instantly approved for $7,000!!!!! And I can use it right now.

recently moved cross country and did not move furnishings with me. Went to JC Penney last weekend to buy some things for my new home.

applied for their store card at check out and got the 7-10 day message. Think I'll be using Overstock instead! Besides I've read on this forum that Penneys is skimpy on their SL anyway. No wonder they're in trouble!

The 7-10 day message may not necessarily be a denial.  It might be a verification issue.  Have you called them to see?

Message 62 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

I forgot to mention that I had received a Penneys PreApproval mailing a month or so before this. Unfortunately, I did not accept at the time and the offer expired a couple of weeks before the 7-10 day letter incident.

Message 63 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.