Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal MC Increase Issue?

tag
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

PayPal MC Increase Issue?

When requesting a CLI on my PayPal MC I get the following denial - ""We are not able to assign the credit line you requested because it exceeds the amount of increase our policy allows." I started at this limit and cannot seem to get an increase on it. I have over 12 statements cut, so I'm not sure if they are just using an old SP or what. Any suggestions?

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: PayPal MC Increase Issue?

What is your current limit with this card? If it is 10K, I believe the luv button will not work and you have to call the CS line to request an increase.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 20
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

What is your current limit with this card? If it is 10K, I believe the luv button will not work and you have to call the CS line to request an increase.

It is $10k. I'll call and see what I can do. 

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 3 of 20
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

Unfortunately, another denial. I'll let y'all know what the denial letter says. 

Message 4 of 20
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

When requesting a CLI on my PayPal MC I get the following denial - ""We are not able to assign the credit line you requested because it exceeds the amount of increase our policy allows." I started at this limit and cannot seem to get an increase on it. I have over 12 statements cut, so I'm not sure if they are just using an old SP or what. Any suggestions?

In your denial letter it should state what CR was pulled and the score. That way you'll be able to tell if it’s a recent score or not. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 5 of 20
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

What amount are you requesting? Have you tried lowering the amount requested?

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 6 of 20
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@CreditInspired wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

I got the same reason. "We are not able to assign the credit line you requested because it exceeds the amount of increase our policy allows." I have requested a $5k increase, a $2.5k increase, and a $1k increase. Not really sure what is going on there. Customer service is not particularly helpful either.

Message 7 of 20
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

I got the same reason. "We are not able to assign the credit line you requested because it exceeds the amount of increase our policy allows." I have requested a $5k increase, a $2.5k increase, and a $1k increase. Not really sure what is going on there. Customer service is not particularly helpful either.

I have no specific knowledge here and I am just spitballing. Is your CC a World Elite Mastercard? Perhaps you need to PC your current CC?

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 8 of 20
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@Medic981 wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

I have no specific knowledge here and I am just spitballing. Is your CC a World Elite Mastercard? Perhaps you need to PC your current CC?

No just a plain MC. It is really weird.

Message 9 of 20
Medic981
Valued Contributor

My thought is WEMC start at $5000. I do not know too much about Synchrony's CCs but perhaps their CC is limited to $10,000 unless it is a WEMC. I am sure others more knowledgeable will weigh in.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.