Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal by Synchrony Bank CLI

tag
800who
Regular Contributor

PayPal by Synchrony Bank CLI

I saw an older thread about Synchrony CLI but, looking for input on my specific situation. I've had this card for 11 months now and started with a $10k limit, this card is my daily driver, have paid in full since I've had it, so I called a requested $25k( old thread said call to talk to a rep and aim high with expectations to recieve counter-offer)  reported $75k income, my history is good, DTI less than 5% etc etc.... and automatic decline... no counter offer. Any advice on how to go about this with more hopeful results?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PayPal by Synchrony Bank CLI

You can request CLI online on the desktop site, they also send a letter with reason as to why it was denied

Message 2 of 5
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

You can request CLI online on the desktop site, they also send a letter with reason as to why it was denied

@Anonymous 

This does not apply IF your limit has reached 10K you can not request online ,you have to call CS.

OP they will send a letter I would wait to see what the reasons were.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 5
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

1- Did you call Credit Solutions, they're the ones who can raise CL above $10k. Their # is in the Backdoor Numbers sticky in the CC Applications forum under Synchrony.

2- Did you have TU unlocked/unfrozen? Even though they're an existing creditor and give you a monthly TU score the way they do a soft pull for a CLI request has to have TU unlocked for inquiries.

And yes, while I've always read calling Credit Solutions is the only way to get a CL higher than $10k, last month I got an auto CLI on my PayPal 2% MC from $10k to $12,500, surprising the heck out of me. Opened July 2017 $7k SL, auto CLIs to $10k.

Message 4 of 5
800who
Regular Contributor

Yeah I called backdoor number

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.