Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Mastercard Decline!

tag
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

Paypal Mastercard Decline!

I recently got two big CLI's on my Amazon Prime (November 4K) and Rooms to Go (December 5K) accounts with Sycrhony bank, so I deceide to take a stab at the Paypal Mastercard. I need a 2% flat cash cc. Well, got I got a decline. My data points for everyone who wants to apply in the future when I applied.

Income 125K

Fico8 Scores:

EX 672

TU 680

EQ 680

INQ's:

EX 8

TU 6

EQ 4

UTI 11 to 12% depending on each CR. 8 new accounts in the last year and 13 new accounts in the last 2 years. I do have a BK7 that was discharged on 4/5/2017. Once I receive the decline letter, I will post the results. I don't know which CR they hit since I haven't received the HP yet. I'm assuming they used TU since Sync used TU for my previous applications.

Well I'm 0 for 2 at 2% flat cash credit cards as I got declined from Citi for the Double Cash back on 9/19 becuase of my BK (IIB). They didn't mention my previous relationship with them. Well, I'm going into the garden for the next year. 

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paypal Mastercard Decline!

Sorry to hear about your decline, but I agree with gardening for a bit. You've had a decent number of approvals in the last year. Let them age a bit, and you may get a favorable result in the future for a 2% card (not Citi DC,  their legacy cards can be difficult for BK to be approved).

Message 2 of 25
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

13 new accounts with a 2.5 year old BK7

Slow down

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 3 of 25
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@soxfaininfl wrote:

I recently got two big CLI's on my Amazon Prime (November 4K) and Rooms to Go (December 5K) accounts with Sycrhony bank, so I deceide to take a stab at the Paypal Mastercard. I need a 2% flat cash cc. Well, got I got a decline. My data points for everyone who wants to apply in the future when I applied.

Income 125K

Fico8 Scores:

EX 672

TU 680

EQ 680

INQ's:

EX 8

TU 6

EQ 4

UTI 11 to 12% depending on each CR. 8 new accounts in the last year and 13 new accounts in the last 2 years. I do have a BK7 that was discharged on 4/5/2017. Once I receive the decline letter, I will post the results. I don't know which CR they hit since I haven't received the HP yet. I'm assuming they used TU since Sync used TU for my previous applications.

Well I'm 0 for 2 at 2% flat cash credit cards as I got declined from Citi for the Double Cash back on 9/19 becuase of my BK (IIB). They didn't mention my previous relationship with them. Well, I'm going into the garden for the next year. 

This is a good idea for the time being. 8 new accounts in the last year is a lot and your AAOA more than likely has taken a big hit. Also, a  decline means it's time to stop.

However, if you need to scratch the itch, requesting SP CLIs will scratch it everytime. It does for me anyway. Smiley Wink

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

How many other Synchrony cards do you have?

Message 5 of 25
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

I just have the two that I listed in my original post.

Message 6 of 25
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

@CreditInspired wrote:

@soxfaininfl wrote:

Income 125K

Fico8 Scores:

EX 672

TU 680

EQ 680

INQ's:

EX 8

TU 6

EQ 4

This is a good idea for the time being. 8 new accounts in the last year is a lot and your AAOA more than likely has taken a big hit. Also, a  decline means it's time to stop.

However, if you need to scratch the itch, requesting SP CLIs will scratch it everytime. It does for me anyway. Smiley Wink

It's actually only 6 new credit card accounts. One was a AU account (not 2 years old yet), and the other was a personal loan. I have to close eventually 5 sub prime cc accounts. I just closed one. I also have a app pending from Cap1 for the Savor1 from a prequalified offer, so that will be last app for at least a year. I'll probably get declined for that one too. No more apps for me.  

Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@soxfaininfl wrote:

It's actually only 6 new credit card accounts. One was a AU account (not 2 years old yet), and the other was a personal loan. I have to close eventually 5 sub prime cc accounts. I just closed one. I also have a app pending from Cap1 for the Savor1 from a prequalified offer, so that will be last app for at least a year. I'll probably get declined for that one too. No more apps for me.  

Cap1 pre-quals are at least semi-solid, but they're not quick to process. They did the hard pulls on my Savor One (pre-qual) on Oct. 22. Approval was on Oct. 31 and they shipped the card on Nov. 4. 

Message 8 of 25
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

@RealityBites
Do I receive a letter or an email if I am approved or denied? Would I see anything in my account since I have a Venture1 already?

Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your data points seems like that should be Synchrony approval but looking at your score it seems something is keeping you below 700. Whatever that something is, is probably what they do not like. I just got this card with a similar profile except my TU is over 700. Util ~10%, and 2017 BK. Tons of inquiries and new accounts. I have one other Synch card the Rakuten Visa.

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.