Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed CC Products

tag
Hut1
Established Contributor

PenFed CC Products

PenFed regulars - Any of ya’ll know if they HP a new cc app even if they just HP for the membership? Also, I think they pull EQ9, but what’s the score range for approvals?
download

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed CC Products

You can expect an HP for membership and for CC, some have even gotten 3. 

640+ EQ FICO 9 minimum, 670+ is a better bet. 

They aren't a fan of new accounts and they don't like lots of accounts with balances, even small ones (pyramiding debt). 

Message 2 of 7
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Could be a single or double..... Just depends as their policy has changed so much over time.  Usually they will try to use the same HP for 30 days, but not guranteed.  With regards to CC probably a 660-680 is safe(but not guranteed as nothing is in the cc world), but dont expect a big lmit and if you have been agreesive on credit seeking then expect a denial.  

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Could be a single or double..... Just depends as their policy has changed so much over time.  Usually they will try to use the same HP for 30 days, but not guranteed.  With regards to CC probably a 660-680 is safe(but not guranteed as nothing is in the cc world), but dont expect a big lmit and if you have been agreesive on credit seeking then expect a denial.  

There are actually a few posts like this around here. 3 is rare but it happens. 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Penfed-3-Equifax-Pulls-in-20-Minutes/td-p/555...

Message 4 of 7
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

They actually pulled 3 on me. One to open initial account, one for CC app, and one for the better interest rate savings account, all within an hour.  After calling and disputing, the 3rd pull was removed.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 5 of 7
Hut1
Established Contributor

Blah! I got a membership with them a few days ago since CU's have better rates, but I'm hesitant to pull the trigger. My EQ9 is sitting at 699 and none of my new accounts have hit my CR's yet, but I'm not sure which is a better bank - PenFed or USAA? I love USAA.. customer service is top notch, but PenFed will have a better rate.

I need a tie-breaker....

download

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hut1 wrote:

Blah! I got a membership with them a few days ago since CU's have better rates, but I'm hesitant to pull the trigger. My EQ9 is sitting at 699 and none of my new accounts have hit my CR's yet, but I'm not sure which is a better bank - PenFed or USAA? I love USAA.. customer service is top notch, but PenFed will have a better rate.

I need a tie-breaker....

Just go for both. Yolo and such. 🤷‍♂️ 

Seriously though, I would probably grab both if I could. Then hit the garden for awhile to let scores recover. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.