Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed CLI

How do you go about requesting one now?  I haven't had the 'request increase' thing over my cards for the longest time.  Now I go and any CC product redirects to outside of your account to apply for a card and seeing no option any where to try to get a CLI.  There is no termonology I'm seeing that indicates it'll go as a CLI if you already have a card.  Looks like it's for fresh card.

Tried looking and all I get is even more confusion by reading people state they applied for their CLI through their app.  I've never seen that as an option in neither the Android or iOS app.

Am I tunnel visioning and missing something blatantly obvious?  lol

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: PenFed CLI

I'm not sure online, I can't find it either. Smiley Embarassed If you want one, perhaps call into csr and request it?

Message 2 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Yup, I don't see it displayed for the CCs either.  It is, however, an available option for PLOC or OLOC, though.

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

Yup, I don't see it displayed for the CCs either.  It is, however, an available option for PLOC or OLOC, though.

Are you actually seeing a list of CCs there, just no CLI button?  Or is it a few lines of text with a hyperlink telling you to basically go to the public site and look at the CC info?  I'm seeing the latter all of a sudden.  Wasn't like that in June/July, which is the last time I looked.

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AllZero wrote:

I'm not sure online, I can't find it either. Smiley Embarassed If you want one, perhaps call into csr and request it?

Yeah, I just hate answering questions on the phone, I feel like I'm being judged or something - lol.  Not to mention finding the right time to call in.  Not like they're like Discover and/or NFCU and open 24x7x365.

Message 5 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Are you actually seeing a list of CCs there, just no CLI button?  Or is it a few lines of text with a hyperlink telling you to basically go to the public site and look at the CC info?  I'm seeing the latter all of a sudden.  Wasn't like that in June/July, which is the last time I looked.

Screenshot below:

17A428B1-4268-4F19-A0BB-4318822098BD.jpeg

Message 6 of 18
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

Yeah, I just hate answering questions on the phone, I feel like I'm being judged or something - lol.  Not to mention finding the right time to call in.  Not like they're like Discover and/or NFCU and open 24x7x365.

Not sure if CSR will grill you or not. I guess try calling during business hours? I think any csr can help you do a CLI request on their end by processing it in their computer. It should be painless.

Message 7 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

Well, since the option is currently unavailable online, then your best bet is to contact them - if you're really pursuing a CLI 🤷

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

The link is not in the same place as it used to be. You need to go to their site (don't use the app) and click on the "More Account Info and Actions" link. The CLI request link is in there. 
CE46A118-9F5B-4407-80F7-220FD5EB773A.jpeg

Message 9 of 18
hawkins
Frequent Contributor

Actually back over the summer when I was on the phone with them the CSR mentioned they removed the request limit increase button for the time being. Whatever that means. I would guess due to the virus situation who knows. I had to call and take a HP to manually get a CLI. Some people if they are luckey will still get an offer for an increase the good way by quarterly offers I have never ever gotten one that way. Such is PenFed.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.