Did you mean: 

PenFed CLI

tag
ccquest
Established Contributor

Re: PenFed CLI

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Ms6Footer wrote:

I was on the phone w them to discuss a payment and I asked about a CLI.  I asked are they hard/soft inquiry and she said they are hard.  I also asked do they ever do reviews for automatic increase because I've never gotten one. She said the limit will stay the same unless o request an increase.  That sucks. 

Both of those answers are typical of the large majority of credit unions, in my experience.

I thought PenFed used to add an option as an "Offer" for some people? I haven't seen it mentioned recently, but that's kinda what I was holding out for on my own account instead of a HP.

as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 11 of 18
coreyb80
Super Contributor

@ccquest wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Ms6Footer wrote:

I was on the phone w them to discuss a payment and I asked about a CLI.  I asked are they hard/soft inquiry and she said they are hard.  I also asked do they ever do reviews for automatic increase because I've never gotten one. She said the limit will stay the same unless o request an increase.  That sucks. 

Both of those answers are typical of the large majority of credit unions, in my experience.

I thought PenFed used to add an option as an "Offer" for some people? I haven't seen it mentioned recently, but that's kinda what I was holding out for on my own account instead of a HP.

It still does happen.  

Message 12 of 18
Ibike
New Visitor

This is true. I recently opened a PF checking and savings account.  Through this process is a verification of identity which includes a SP on credit. Immediately after account opening I applied for the Gold Visa and was approved immediately and NO HP on credit. Guess this one is a freebe :-)

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ibike wrote:

This is true. I recently opened a PF checking and savings account.  Through this process is a verification of identity which includes a SP on credit. Immediately after account opening I applied for the Gold Visa and was approved immediately and NO HP on credit. Guess this one is a freebe :-)

really? Lucky you I think I got dinged EQ, right after getting checking apped for PCR Smiley Sad

Message 14 of 18
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Ibike wrote:

Did you get an HP maybe a day or two later? Sometimes the HPs are delayed. 

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 15 of 18
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@Ibike wrote:

IMEit isn't that the HPs are delayed, it's that the monitoring services don't always immediately alert on a Transunion or Equifax inquiry,  more than once not until the next day.   I've never had an Experian HP that didn't trigger an alert within a couple of seconds.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 16 of 18
mikeef
New Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@Ibike wrote:

IMEit isn't that the HPs are delayed, it's that the monitoring services don't always immediately alert on a Transunion or Equifax inquiry,  more than once not until the next day.   I've never had an Experian HP that didn't trigger an alert within a couple of seconds.

Once upon a time they were delayed to the next day, but that had more to with the legacy database systems, those systems updated the previous day's data sometime between midnight to 4am. As a 25 year web/mobile developer, I can explain that "push" notifications for devices and email API services can delayed quite a bit, depending on the API service they use, the size of the current queue and if they use a cronjob to trigger events. 

Today, all 3 reports are updated in real-time. I've personally verified this a few years ago by waiting until immediatey after I submitted a tri-pull mortgage application to pull my monthly Experian 3-Bureau Report. All 3 bureaus (EX,EQ,TU) showed an inquiry for the mortgage app.

Message 17 of 18
FishingGuy
Frequent Contributor

Same as brk1971 with me.... I used a hard pull after having one card for some time...... got approved for their Gold with a $12,500 starting line,  after the approval asked them for a CLI on my power cash..... where they increased it by $2000,  I was happy, but glad I requested the new card first.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.