cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Multiple Applications with same inquiry?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed Multiple Applications with same inquiry?

Hi,

I just applied for a PenFed VISA card and got approved at a little under 15% interest rate for $11.5K.  Would I be able to apply for another one or two cards at PenFed with the same hard pull as they just ran?  Wondering what your experiences are with double-barreling (or even triple-barreling) PenFed?

Thanks,

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed Multiple Applications with same inquiry?

Congrats on the approval. It is generally accepted that PenFed will use the same pull for up to 90 days. Many report that it has been reduced to 30 days. Either way, you should be fine to apply for a second card. loan or PLOC with the one inquiry. 

And if you aren't ready for a new card now, you could also wait for your quarterly pre-approvals that usually do not result in a HP. 

Message 2 of 7
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

They used the same HP from Jan. 1 (CLI on Defender) when I opened my Power Rewards card at the end of March. There have been some reports of 30 days as CO_NATIVE said.
Message 3 of 7
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

I got a PLOC and the overdraft protection with the same HP.

Congrats on your card, btw.
Message 4 of 7
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Do I have to call to do this or will it automatically happen if I apply for a second card online?

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 5 of 7
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Automatically. No 2nd pull when I apped for an auto refi after my first card online, and no 2nd pull when I apped for my 2nd card online after the aforementioned CLI.
Message 6 of 7
jc2
Regular Contributor

I was approved for the Promise Visa...called in at day 89 and asked for a CLI and applied for the LOC and asked if they would use the original pull from 3 mo's ago. They did. CLI approved, LOC approved, no additional HP

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.