Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed SL Recon Suggestion - Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed SL Recon Suggestion - Help

Hi, all!

So I was recently approved for the PenFed Power Cash with an SL of $2k.  While I'm grateful for the approval, I'm a little disappointed with the SL because it's by far the lowest CL of my cards.  My EQ Fico is at 701 with 3% util and a 7 year old BK with no other baddies.  Additional cards in my portfolio are as follows:

1. Cap1 QS @ 5.5k

2. Barclay AAdvantage Red @ 4k

3. Discover It @ 5.5k

4. Blispay @ 2.9k (hidden tradeline)

I have yet to receive my card but it has appeared in my PenFed account list, and I'm wondering if I should even Recon the SL through an email or should I try and hit the "Reqest a CLI" and see what happens and then, if necessary, Recon a denial?  Or should I just stop being a d-bag and wait?

Total Income is well over 6 figures which makes the SL a little bit more of a hard pill to swallow though I will admit that I'm being a d-bag probably.

Oh and if the consensus is to recon, what's the best way to go about it?

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
kugel
Valued Contributor

Re: PenFed SL Recon Suggestion - Help

How old is your bk?
Message 2 of 29
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

It doesnt hurt to recon if you feel dissatisfied for any reason. Normally you will get a survey after applying and you can use that as a springboard to talk to them with your concerns. You can also send a secure message and let them know why youd like a reconsideration. With a bit a history, say 6 months or so, i think youll be in a better position because your income will really help you.

Since youve had a bk, i assume thats whats holding back your limits now. With your highest limit at the moment 5.5 k, 2k isnt really out of the realm for sls. Judt be thorough with them, they are usualky very receptive and if they can help , they usually do. Best of luckSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 29
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

U can recon but im pretty sure they gone tell u that's all they can extend right now establish a relationship.

Message 4 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kugel wrote:
How old is your bk?

7 years.

Message 5 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
It doesnt hurt to recon if you feel dissatisfied for any reason. Normally you will get a survey after applying and you can use that as a springboard to talk to them with your concerns. You can also send a secure message and let them know why youd like a reconsideration. With a bit a history, say 6 months or so, i think youll be in a better position because your income will really help you.

Since youve had a bk, i assume thats whats holding back your limits now. With your highest limit at the moment 5.5 k, 2k isnt really out of the realm for sls. Judt be thorough with them, they are usualky very receptive and if they can help , they usually do. Best of luckSmiley Happy

No, I agree you're 100% right.  More than anything, to be honest, I put a lot of spend on my CCs as I used it as a means of rewards and PIF each month so, with the 2% back, I'd love to have a higher limit if, for nothing else, to accomodate all the monthly bills without maxing the card out in the first month and setting off flags (though I will PIF).  Figure I'll just 'splain something similar to them.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Message 6 of 29
kugel
Valued Contributor

If it s 7 years it's Strange cl
My wife has 12 months old bk
and also 3 cards and was approved cash card 15k last week
Message 7 of 29
ChessChik47
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, all!

So I was recently approved for the PenFed Power Cash with an SL of $2k.  While I'm grateful for the approval, I'm a little disappointed with the SL because it's by far the lowest CL of my cards.  My EQ Fico is at 701 with 3% util and a 7 year old BK with no other baddies.  Additional cards in my portfolio are as follows:

@1. Cap1 QS @ 5.5k

@2. Barclay AAdvantage Red @ 4k

@3. Discover It @ 5.5k

@4. Blispay @ 2.9k (hidden tradeline)

I have yet to receive my card but it has appeared in my PenFed account list, and I'm wondering if I should even Recon the SL through an email or should I try and hit the "Reqest a CLI" and see what happens and then, if necessary, Recon a denial?  Or should I just stop being a d-bag and wait?

Total Income is well over 6 figures which makes the SL a little bit more of a hard pill to swallow though I will admit that I'm being a d-bag probably.

Congrats on your approval!  I aslo feel your pain!  I applied for the Power Cash on June 9th and got approved, but did not get the starting limit I was hoping for either.  I used the survey I received via email to explain what my objectives are for the card and hopefully will be hearing back from someone soon.  If I do not get an increase, I'll just wait 6 months to grow the relationship and then try for a CLI.   My data points:  no baddies ever, EX 768, EQ 782, TU 787, income over $135K, UTL 4% (CFU -$10K, CSP - $24K, AMEX BCP - $34K as of this morning thanks to a nice CLI at 61 days, AMEX PRG - NSPL).

I suggest recon with the survey when you get it.  It can't hurt, right?  Good luck!!

Message 8 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChessChik47 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, all!

@1. Cap1 QS @ 5.5k

@3. Discover It @ 5.5k

Congrats on your approval!  I aslo feel your pain!  I applied for the Power Cash on June 9th and got approved, but did not get the starting limit I was hoping for either.  I used the survey I received via email to explain what my objectives are for the card and hopefully will be hearing back from someone soon.  If I do not get an increase, I'll just wait 6 months to grow the relationship and then try for a CLI.   My data points:  no baddies ever, EX 768, EQ 782, TU 787, income over $135K, UTL 4% (CFU -$10K, CSP - $24K, AMEX BCP - $34K as of this morning thanks to a nice CLI at 61 days, AMEX PRG - NSPL).

I suggest recon with the survey when you get it.  It can't hurt, right?  Good luck!!

Yep, can't hurt.  If you have time, lemme know if the recon goes well.  I'm waiting on the survey . . .

Message 9 of 29
mortimerwereback
Regular Contributor

@ChessChik47 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, all!

@1. Cap1 QS @ 5.5k

@3. Discover It @ 5.5k

Wow, those are great stats. If you wouldn't mind sharing...what did PenFed offer with such a stellar history? 

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." -Robert F. Kennedy

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.