cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed Process and Timing Questions...similar to NFCU?

tag
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Penfed Process and Timing Questions...similar to NFCU?

Admittedly, I've read so much on here about NFCU, PenFed, Chase, BofA Etc Etc and I'm very much about the details...wanted to ask some clarifying points.

I feel well informed...THANK YOU SO MUCH...to the countless MF contributors....with NFCU processes/details for Applications (HP TU), CLI (SP TU/no pull)...but wait until 91/3...2nd Card then CLI on 1st card...then jumps to 60 days CLI on 1st...for those of you that use Visio, I feel like I should start making diagrams!

With regards to Penfed, I am new to them...opened Savings (no pull) and APP'd (HP EQ) Power Cash Rewards and approved.

When it comes to Penfed....are their specifics tied to CLI's like NFCU?  I've read on here that all CLI's are HP EQ...please correct me if I'm wrong.

However, like NFCU, is there a recommended time to request a CLI or APP for the 2nd card?  Would you app for 2nd card and then ask for CLI on 1st?  Will 1 HP EQ for either suffice both requests if done at the same time?  As I just got the card within 30 days but already see the "Request Credit Line Increase" I am thinking it's a myth and I should likely wait at least 90 days before hitting it.

It may not be a specific or detailed routine to follow as NFCU (and I recognize credit guidelines are altered in COVID) and while I'm simmering...I wanted to pose the questions to make sure I had my facts straight.  As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated...Thanks!

200w.gif

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Penfed Process and Timing Questions...similar to NFCU?

Congratulations on your PCR approval!

Usually, self initiated CLI request are HP.

Personally, I would recommend waiting for SP offers that you can apply toward a 2nd card or 1st card CLI.

Old and outdated data points suggest that PenFed will reuse a HP in a 90 day window. I would always expect a HP from PenFed.

There has been some recent data points that suggest that applying for 2nd card and applying for 1st card CLI will yield 1 HP. YEMV Your Experience May Vary.

As far as recommended wait time for 2nd card application or 1st card CLI request, I do not know.

Message 2 of 13
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thanks @AllZero 
I recall seeing a post from someone about "offers" that were exactly as you stated....huge CLI or 2nd Card or auto loan (and a lot of people offered TurboTax😁).  I will keep my eyes out for those! 

Also thanks for the feedback on HP expectations!

Message 3 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@cashorcharge, I would wait 6 months before asking Penfed for a CLI  or Applying for a 2nd card... JMHO

ETA: They just don't operate like NFCU does.

Message 4 of 13
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@cashorcharge  You are welcome. Not knowing all the details of your credit profile, I would guess you are on a clean score card. If you have decent income, low DTI and decent EQ9 score, I would guess you could be getting SP offers in ~10 months, some members have to wait longer.

As for the auto loans, PenFed will send you e-mailers. For the SP new or used auto loans, it will show up in the offers field box if eligible.

I think you may be approved for Turbo Tax all ready? Smiley Tongue I haven't checked mine yet, I subconsciously draw my view away from it.

Message 5 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

@cashorcharge  You are welcome. Not knowing all the details of your credit profile, I would guess you are on a clean score card. If you have decent income, low DTI and decent EQ9 score, I would guess you could be getting SP offers in ~10 months?

As for the auto loans, PenFed will send you e-mailers. For the SP new or used auto loans, it will show up in the offers field box if eligible.

I think you may for may not be approved for Turbo Tax all ready? Smiley Tongue I haven't checked mine yet, I subconsciously draw my view away from it.

@AllZero, Congrats on your Turbo Tax offerfiesta.gif

Message 6 of 13
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@cashorcharge, I would wait 6 months before asking Penfed for a CLI  or Applying for a 2nd card... JMHO

ETA: They just don't operate like NFCU does.

Thanks @M_Smart007 I appreciate the feedback. I wasn't entirely sure and good to know on timing! 🤝

Message 7 of 13
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@AllZero, Congrats on your Turbo Tax offerfiesta.gif

@M_Smart007  Thank you! I just checked just now. It is still there. I can hardly believe it. I can save $20!

Message 8 of 13
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thanks @AllZero Yes...Thick, Aged, Clean C2 scorecard and with good $$$ and low DTI/Util

Appreciate your advice on timing. I will certainly be watching!  Thanks 🥂

Message 9 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.