Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Penfed

Hello,

I recently applied for Penfed membership and totally forgot my EQ was frozen. I expected an email or phone call to unfreeze EQ but never got one, instead i was granted membership. Any idea whats going on? Tried to app for a CC and was told EQ was frozen. I asked if they pull credit for membership and they said yes. How did they not pull mines?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Re: Penfed

Welcome to MyFico.. Smiley Happy

I don't know off hand what they pull, even though I have PenFed products. Perhaps they pulled a different CB?

ETA: A search on the board shows they pull TU & Ex so you probably got a TU HP for membership.. 

If you unlock EQ and call back they will probably proceed with your App. 

CHEERS

**Love your siggy btw**Heart

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Pikaboo-icu. All my CBs are frozen. The Rep said they pull EQ but mines wasnt pulled, in fact non of my reports were. I am now in the process of unfreezing EQ so they can process my CC app. Weird!

Message 3 of 9
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks Pikaboo-icu. All my CBs are frozen. The Rep said they pull EQ but mines wasnt pulled, in fact non of my reports were. I am now in the process of unfreezing EQ so they can process my CC app. Weird!

You're welcome.. Smiley Happy

I wish you much success with PenFed. I love them.. They really are a fantastic CU..

Cheers

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as I know, Penfed mostly pulls EQ for both new apps and quarterly reviews...mostly.
Message 5 of 9
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I have noticed Penfed creeping my TU report. So maybe they pulled your TU OP.
Message 6 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

To my knowledge, Penfed will only pull Equihack for credit related products. They love their EquifaxSmiley Sad
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck to you!

Message 8 of 9
followgreatness
Contributor

@Pikaboo-ICU- Sorry for pulling up an old thread, but why do you like PenFed so much?
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.