Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed

tag
Howaboutthat
Frequent Contributor

Penfed

Hello all, Penfed seems to like me. I have a savings account with $1800, car and a PCR with a $7500 limit and have been with them almost a year. So I guess they don't care much about the one small collection on my fico credit reports, so I'm thinking about applying for the Platinum or the Gold. My fico 9 is 686.

What do the My Fico gods say, yay or nay. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Penfed

If they approve, yay

If they dont, nay

Either way you'll find out if they really like youSmiley Wink

Message 2 of 12
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@Howaboutthat  When did you get your last card or product with them? I'd check to see if you have any SP offers before pulling the trigger. My offers only scream turbo tax...😱

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 12
Howaboutthat
Frequent Contributor

Average Joe 😂😂😂💴

You're right, It will or it won't 

Message 4 of 12
Howaboutthat
Frequent Contributor

September of 2020

Message 5 of 12
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

If you have an offer for the Penfed Gold I would definitely take a chance that is if you don't mind the hard pull! If you do fingers are crossed for you and Good Luck!

Message 6 of 12
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Penfed has been good to me.  My EQ report has the least number of INQ's and perhaps that's why

Good luck if you apply.  If you do, also note...you'll get an EQ HP and regardless of the new account approval or not (hoping you get it) you can ask them for a CLI on your existing card as they only do HP's for CLI so you can use it for existing products.  Get through your app first and then once done, request CLI on your existing card and they'll use that HP to evaluate.  Could be an opportunity for you....

Message 7 of 12
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@cashorcharge wrote:

Penfed has been good to me.  My EQ report has the least number of INQ's and perhaps that's why

Good luck if you apply.  If you do, also note...you'll get an EQ HP and regardless of the new account approval or not (hoping you get it) you can ask them for a CLI on your existing card as they only do HP's for CLI so you can use it for existing products.  Get through your app first and then once done, request CLI on your existing card and they'll use that HP to evaluate.  Could be an opportunity for you....

+1

This is the route I'd go with. It's only a single HP. Good luck!! 👍🏻 

Message 8 of 12
Howaboutthat
Frequent Contributor

@cashorcharge wrote:

Thanks, good advice

Message 9 of 12
Howaboutthat
Frequent Contributor

I was approved for the Platinum Rewards Card, yay me!!!

Eq - Fico Score 9- 686

S/L $6500

1 collection ($371)

Now to go for the cli on PCR though I'm quite satisfied where I'm at, $14,000.00 total. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.