Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-approval American Express

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pre-approval American Express

Wanted an American Express for so long!
Had to start all over 3 years ago. Got rid of every card. They punished me bad. Dropped me down to the bottom of the barrel, low low low 600. Plucked away and got out of that hell.
Fastforward just bought my first home @53. My fico 8 is around 715
TU, EX, EF around 740.
So I get the pre approval for the Delta AMX.
Um, I don't fly. Held my breath waited waited finally... Pre approved for the Blue and delta AND everyday card.
Spoke to my financial advisor he said you "gotta do it now before they disappear."
I only hold two cards. Discover 2000 (they just increased me 500) yay
And I kept the stinking Walmart 140 dollar credit limit (from when I destroyed my credit )but hey, that came in handy when I was fixing this mess and lived on bread and water.
So he said "apply, it'll help your score now."
I chose the Blue card AND received the DREADED "we'll review your application and get back to you "
I almost vomited. I have so many dings on my credit score from buying this house. Another one WITHOUT getting this card would be crushing.
So, I decided to call AMX. The man said let me connect you to my supervisor, after hearing all this, I don't wanna give you wrong info.
Connected to the boss. He says let me look here.
Ten minutes comes back says
"OK so you got pre-approved for 3. They seen you passed on the delta and threw in 2 more and kept the delta there too. "
He said they were obviously monitoring what you were doing, and what you possibly wanted. He said "oh you've never held a card with us. First one "
I said yes,
He said "I can't obviously be sure about your approval, however, I can tell you now, if you don't hold our card and never have, this very well could be... They just want
to review all your info. Because of fraud in todays world. This is becoming more common all the time. He said " just hold on. You may get this."
I said "thank you so much for clarifying "
He said "if you had a card, and wanted another, and paid well, you probably would of gotten instant pre-approval"
He said "again I certainly can't be certain but, it's not any longer unheard of to check the app for first time customers "
So, in closing because fico forum has been so amazing and has helped me so much (thank you community )I wanted to perhaps put someones mind at ease if they encounter a situation like mine here.
I will hold my breath now, and hope for the best.
I will revisit this post with an edit when I find out if they nixed me or decided to give me a shot. Fingers crossed 😉
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

Re: Pre-approval American Express

Good luck, I hope you get it!

Message 2 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Crossing my fingers for you - I very much hope to hear of your success in getting your card!
Message 3 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fingers crossed for you!

Message 4 of 26
LakeLife
Established Contributor

Good job on all your hard work getting to where you are and on the recon.  Good luck getting the card.  AMEX is a great credit partner!

Message 5 of 26
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

Had to start all over 3 years ago. Got rid of every card. They punished me bad. Dropped me down to the bottom of the barrel, low low low 600. Plucked away and got out of that hell. Fastforward just bought my first home @Anonymous. My fico 8 is around 715 TU, EX, EF around 740.

---------

There is nothing more powerful or inspiring than to see the fruits of our labor pay off. Kudos to you for believing there was a light at the end of the tunnel, and continuing your journey of persistence and patience. It surely paid off. 

I echo all the other posters well wishes and have my fingers crossed for you too.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Luck and hope to see an approval post from you soon!

Message 7 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

THANK YOU!
We live-in a great country.
Second chances are hard to come by.
If it's meant to be, it will be.
I do what's right, and if it doesn't turn out, I like to think, it's because it's just not the right time.
God bless
Message 8 of 26
TheAuthorizedUser
New Contributor

🤞 Good luck.. 

Garden Life: 4.01.20
Leaving Garden: 1.15.22
Updated: 4.15.20

Message 9 of 26
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Positive thoughts. You’re GOING TO GET IT. Good luck! Everybody should have an Amex!
Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.