Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preapproval for OD/Personal LOC w/Bank Acct

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Preapproval for OD/Personal LOC w/Bank Acct

When I opened my USBank account I got a preapproval for a Line of Credit for $5k. No extra hard pull was done, just the soft for the checking.

Are there any other banks or CUs (besides Navy or Penfed) that do this that anyone knows of?
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Preapproval for OD/Personal LOC w/Bank Acct

I would like to know this information as well

Message 2 of 19
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Wells Fargo has a LOC and I've read of several others BOA I believe and several CUs which I can't think of the name of right off hand
Message 3 of 19
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Also what account did you open with US Bank?
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have lots with US Bank.
If you have a CC get the Gold Package which is a checking, money market savings and both are free with no minimums because you have the CC. If you don't have a CC get the Silver package.

I have like 8 accounts with them but I believe I got my preapproval for the LOC when I opened my checking.
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aduke...were WF and BoA preapproval a for the LoC tho? I'm more wondering if anyone else does what USB does and gives them with a preapproval. It's nice to get that TL with no HP
Message 6 of 19
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Oh sorry I didn't understand your question, I am not sure of the preapproval or not , but I'm very interested in US Bank , how did the process go for you ? Did you app online or in branch . Which CB did they SP for you and what were your scores at the time if you don't mind me asking 😊
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a soft pull on TU... I did it online and at the time my scores were probably between 700-730 maybe?!?
You just app for the account and at the end on the extra options screen it will ask if you want it if you are preapproved. My BF got it as well-and he only had roughly a 670 but got it for 2k and the reserve line versus the personal line. Both are LOC but one is called a reserve and min SL is 2k and the PLOC min SL is 5k. The benefits are the same but the PLOC has a better APR.
Message 8 of 19
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Thanks for the info , I didn't read your comment in time , I was opening an acct online today , I just got the Easy Checking ...it didn't have an extras option ..so I guess I was not preapproved for anything
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry. Just because it didn't happen today doesn't mean it won't tho. You can get the preapproval anytime you log in. They will be in red at the top of the screen.

Either way you will like USB. They really value banking relationships so if you keep your accounts in good standing I bet you will get one sooner or later, whether for the LOC or a CC.
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.