I was approved for the United Explorer card after calling into the reconsideration line June 13th. We really want the CSP and the Freedom UL and right now the thinking is my wife will go for the Freedom UL and me the CSP. Is it too soon for me to give it another go? My scores are actually higher than they were for the United card. If you read my previous thread they weren't too happy about an old WaMu account as well but still let the app go through to approval.
Scores from myFICO:
I have around 4-5 inquiries in the last year all of them 11 months ago minus the recent Chase inquiry.
Thoughts? If my wife get the Chase Freedom UL will she be able to transfer UR points to my account? Is it easier to call them and apply over the phone especially with my current fraud alert?
4 credit and store cards in the last 24 months including the United card.
I can wait 30 days that's not a problem. What's the reasoning?
|Total CL: $321.7k||UTL: 2%||AAoA: 7.0yrs||Baddies: 0||Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping|
The United card will be the 4th card. I'm hoping to make CSP the 5th.
As for a relationship with Chase it seems that people that have checking and savings accounts with them have better success. My friend has not been subject to the 5/24 rule by Chase. He's always churning cards and has definitely opened more than 10 accounts in the last 2 years of which a few were from Chase. He banks with them though.
We just received the $500 ($300 checking and or $200 savings) bonus coupon for opening up a checking and savings account with Chase and are considering doing it. We bank with USAA but it would be nice to have access to a local branch every once and while. Thinking we might do that next week, then in a month go the branch and ask about applying for the CSP.