Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QUESTON????

tag
Duffenbrau
Valued Member

Re: QUESTON????

If I had to guess, I would actually say the Freedom would be slightly easier than the Venture. Of course YMMV, but I don't think Cap 1 gives out Ventures unless you have some experience with higher limits, and really just overall credit. The Freedom seems fairly attainable with a youngish credit history. Again YMMV, but this is the feeling I got when I tried for these (Freedom app/Venture PC attempt).

MSUFCU $5K| CASECU $2K| Discover it $1.5K| QuicksilverOne $2.5K(x2)| Playstation Visa $750| US Bank Flexperks Select $2.5K| Barclay Rewards $2.5K| Home Depot $2.7K| Best Buy $1.5K| Walmart $1.3K| Amazon $2.7K| PayPalSC $800| Target $800
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes everyone i meant 8 months lol😆...but would my score even go up that high in that amount of time??? before when the utilization was low i had like 680...thats why i was assuming if i paid it down it would be somewhere around that area.......lol im new to credit appearently

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

no im actually new to credit but i been doing pretty good with it.....but the card i have now is secured with 1000 limit which was my deposit but i was planning lowering all my utilization on my cards( becuase their pretty high😑) and hopefully have a decent score by the time im ready to apply and shut out my secured ine o get my depsit bck😆

Message 13 of 21
Duffenbrau
Valued Member

What exactly is your current utilization? Once it reports lower it will recover. For me (everyone?) it seems that getting under 50, 30, 20, and 10 all result in increases. Then bumps for the individual balances showing on X amount of cards.

MSUFCU $5K| CASECU $2K| Discover it $1.5K| QuicksilverOne $2.5K(x2)| Playstation Visa $750| US Bank Flexperks Select $2.5K| Barclay Rewards $2.5K| Home Depot $2.7K| Best Buy $1.5K| Walmart $1.3K| Amazon $2.7K| PayPalSC $800| Target $800
Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

1700 total credit limit about 1450 used😑...do you think its possible to go from 621 to 700?😆

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

do you think it even possible to go from 621 to 700? 1700 limit about 1450 used😟

Message 16 of 21
Duffenbrau
Valued Member

I think if you were in the 680 range for sure before, and nothing negative has happened since then you should pop back up there. It's hard to tell what else may be in the point drop you took without knowing everything, but you may also need to just age your accounts some more too if you want to get back up there.

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

do you think it even possible to go from 621 to 700? 1700 limit about 1450 used😟

I think if you got your utilization to 1%, you still wouldnt get quite that high. I could be wrong, but it's not likely to get an 80 point boost from $1500.

Message 18 of 21
Duffenbrau
Valued Member

Also, I don't think you need a 700+ for either card. I do think with short history and I'm assuming no history with Cap1 the Freedom is going to be easier to get as it is closer to entry level whereas the Venture is Cap1's top tier card. If you get up to the 670 range or higher you can probably start looking at that Freedom. Try the pre approvals first though every time.

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

1700 total credit limit about 1450 used😑...do you think its possible to go from 621 to 700?😆

That's an insane UTL. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I would venture to say you'd be lucky to break 660 once you paid that off.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.