Did you mean: 

Question about Discover It App and Preapproval

tag
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Re: Question about Discover It App and Preapproval

@Anonymous wrote:

@shoegal wrote:
Is it a set APR? I started with Amex then got Discover.

Yup, AMEX gives me a 17.99 APR on the preapproval for the Blue Cash Everyday card.

My TU FICO is 792, Experian is 798, not sure what Equifax is (Discover showed a 675 but it says that score and the info they got was from over a week ago), I have no lates and no baddies. The only thing hurting me (and what Discover listed as my denial reason) was I was approved for Paybal %2 Card and a Amazon Store card a little over a month ago which brought my average age of credit down to 3 months (the other card I have is a Capital One Platinum that recently got upgraded to a Quicksilver and I was approved for that almost 8 months ago).

My first app for Discover was denied for not enough revolving history which was true at that time I only had Cap1, and it was about 4 months old. I waited a month and a half after my denial and was approved with verification over the phone. Amex seems like a solid offer but it can still be a denial.

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@shoegal wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@shoegal wrote:

Yup, AMEX gives me a 17.99 APR on the preapproval for the Blue Cash Everyday card.

My TU FICO is 792, Experian is 798, not sure what Equifax is (Discover showed a 675 but it says that score and the info they got was from over a week ago), I have no lates and no baddies. The only thing hurting me (and what Discover listed as my denial reason) was I was approved for Paybal %2 Card and a Amazon Store card a little over a month ago which brought my average age of credit down to 3 months (the other card I have is a Capital One Platinum that recently got upgraded to a Quicksilver and I was approved for that almost 8 months ago).

My first app for Discover was denied for not enough revolving history which was true at that time I only had Cap1, and it was about 4 months old. I waited a month and a half after my denial and was approved with verification over the phone. Amex seems like a solid offer but it can still be a denial.

Thanks so much for your help Smiley Happy how do you like AMEX so far? I don't have that many hard inquires on my history (3 on TU, 1 on Equifax, and 1 on Experian ) so I might just give the AMEX a shot and if it doesn't work out I'll reapply for Discover IT in around 45 days or so.

Message 12 of 17
shoegal
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@shoegal wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@shoegal wrote:

Thanks so much for your help Smiley Happy how do you like AMEX so far? I don't have that many hard inquires on my history (3 on TU, 1 on Equifax, and 1 on Experian ) so I might just give the AMEX a shot and if it doesn't work out I'll reapply for Discover IT in around 45 days or so.

Np! Smiley Happy I love Amex. I just booked a roundtrip with all the bonus miles I collected and really enjoy the benefits of their cards. I wanted to get a business card and they gave me my first one no problem with a $3k starting limit this week with my score where it is today (EX 657) so I can't complain.

Message 13 of 17
gabeerwin
Contributor

Discover pre-approval site pulled EQ; my actual app pulled TU (and my monthly score); the free fico (avail to everyone) pulls EX.

I get zero offers from discover since EQ is my worst report but was approved for the card since the pulled TU which is my best.
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I just got a preapproval offer from Citi for their Double Cash card this morning so now I have one more card to add to the decision mix Smiley Happy.

Still no hard inquiry from my denied Discover App from a few days ago either.

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi is finicky. Received a pre-approval mailer a few weeks ago and was still denied due to too many recently opened credit lines. Applied for Disco through the credit scorecard site and got the "It" card at 16.99 with a 3k limit. My neighbor on the other hand was denied Credit One and Milestone, said screw it, cold apped Citi and got a 1500 DC (high apr) with scores in the 630's.

Sometimes it's as if theirs no rhyme or reason with any of the major issuers.
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

A little over a week since my Discover denial and now not only does it show me that personalized offer on Discover's creditscorecard site, it also shows me preapproved for Discover It and Discover Chrome on their prequalify checker (before it only showed the secured card)...and they mailed me on of those invitations that just arrived today lol. They did a new soft pull yesterday and I never did receive a hard inquiry from my denial (I noticed others who applied recently also didn't receive hard inquiries, weird).

Does anyone know the earliest you can reapply for Discover? I saw someone on here got approved 26 days after denial and I remember the rep I had talked to said you can reapply whenever and if it's to soon it will just block you from completing the application.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.