Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Gemini credit card

tag
Janneman
Established Contributor

Question about Gemini credit card

I think 2 weeks ago, if I am not wrong, I wanted to see pre-qualification for this card, so fill the app, either prequalification or a cold app, but after everything, I got a message that they will contact me. Today I got an email from them but its not saying anything about me before applying or anything...Its just a long email where is a link to apply...So I wonder if applying for this card means the process has to be like this, meaning you apply and then you would get a message that you will be contacted by them and then a few weeks later an email all of sudden from them which has no reference of previously filed application except just apply button??? Seems very strange. What's the actual process of applying for Gemini credit card if its not this one? Thanku

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
arifjk
Frequent Contributor

Re: Question about Gemini credit card

@Janneman wrote:

I think 2 weeks ago, if I am not wrong, I wanted to see pre-qualification for this card, so fill the app, either prequalification or a cold app, but after everything, I got a message that they will contact me. Today I got an email from them but its not saying anything about me before applying or anything...Its just a long email where is a link to apply...So I wonder if applying for this card means the process has to be like this, meaning you apply and then you would get a message that you will be contacted by them and then a few weeks later an email all of sudden from them which has no reference of previously filed application except just apply button??? Seems very strange. What's the actual process of applying for Gemini credit card if its not this one? Thanku

You need to download the app first, and then do the pre-approval from the app since you need to open a Gemini trading account. 

AVEN Visa $80k; BCU LOC $50k; PSECU LOC: $20K; Langley FCU LOC $10K; CuSoCal LOC $25k; BECU LOC: 15k; Apple FCU LOC $20k

Message 2 of 7
Janneman
Established Contributor

@arifjk 

does this trading account get to open right away? do we need to fund it? installing the app is necessary? cant do it on their site? thank u so much

Message 3 of 7
arifjk
Frequent Contributor

@Janneman wrote:

@arifjk 

does this trading account get to open right away? do we need to fund it? installing the app is necessary? cant do it on their site? thank u so much

Yes. Once you open the trading account, it is open right away. You don't need to fund it right away. Installing the app is necessary since you cannot manage your card outside the app. 

AVEN Visa $80k; BCU LOC $50k; PSECU LOC: $20K; Langley FCU LOC $10K; CuSoCal LOC $25k; BECU LOC: 15k; Apple FCU LOC $20k

Message 4 of 7
Janneman
Established Contributor

@arifjk wrote:

@Janneman wrote:

@arifjk 

Yes. Once you open the trading account, it is open right away. You don't need to fund it right away. Installing the app is necessary since you cannot manage your card outside the app. 

Seems like X1 which is also can't be managed without the app...Anyway, but I am not trying to manage the card yet, rather trying to get the card or try to see pre-qualification tool...Do I need app for these too?

Message 5 of 7
RealEstateGuy89
Frequent Contributor

@Janneman wrote:

I've had a lot of issues with the applying for this card and am waiting for support to get back to me to tell me when I can try applying again. I have sent them screenshots of errors that I receive. They only have email support so it moves slowly or it has for me anyway. It might help you to contact them if you are having issues. Good luck. 

Message 6 of 7
Janneman
Established Contributor

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.