Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Lowes CLI

tag
Neutron
New Contributor

Question about Lowes CLI

I was approved for a lowes card on 3/13.  Initial credit line was 500, but I opened the chat and asked for 10k, settled for 5k.   My goal is to get this card to 30k, the sooner the better as I'm in the middle of a major home renovation.   How long should I wait before I try hitting the luv button again?   Appreciate any advice.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about Lowes CLI

I’ve seen and heard on here a few times that the Lowe’s card seems to be on a four-month CLI cycle for several users. Watch your account - if the luv button shows up, give it a try, but you may still need to get that amount of time in between increases.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about Lowes CLI

@Neutron wrote:

I was approved for a lowes card on 3/13.  Initial credit line was 500, but I opened the chat and asked for 10k, settled for 5k.   My goal is to get this card to 30k, the sooner the better as I'm in the middle of a major home renovation.   How long should I wait before I try hitting the luv button again?   Appreciate any advice.

The constraint to growth [to $30k] is your profile, not the element of time.  It's your profile that's capping you at $5k for whatever reason.  What you'd have to do is fix whatever it is profile-related that's causing the $5k ceiling.  Plenty of people are given small SLs on their Lowe's card and are immediately able to bump it up to a huge limit.  My SL was $3k for example and I brought it to $30k a few days after approval with a single 2 minute phone call.  I could have gone with $35k and got it.  This goes to show you that all you need is a solid profile and that time here doesn't matter.  My advice to you would be to wait until your profile improves, which could be anything from greater income to a cleaner file, lower utilization, less inquiries, greater age of accounts, etc.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.