cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about increasing credit limit when activating card? is that 'recon'?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about increasing credit limit when activating card? is that 'recon'?

since my last post several months ago, I was able to get ALL the bad marks off my report (Identity Theft while I lived in Canada for 10 years)

CK has my scores at 668, 661- Fico via Discover has a score of 720 

Simply Be card- 350

Chase Freedom- $6K

Cap 1 Quick Silver- $1300

Cap 1 Venture- $2k

Cap 1 Journey- $1.1k

Alaska Airlines via BOA- $2k

Discover IT- $2.6k

I recently applied for a Best Buy card and was declined the store card, but was approved for the Citi Best Buy Visa for $500. I've noticed there are threads where people call and ask for more? is this done while you're activating the card or after you've had the card? $500 at best buy isn't even the price of a surface pro (what I had been looking at when I was prompted to apply). 

I do have 9 inquiries on Equifax, 5 on TU and 4 on Experian.

Thanks Smiley Very Happy 

Salary: $85K 

Zero late payments, zero collections, zero charge offs. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Question about increasing credit limit when activating card? is that 'recon'?

@Anonymous wrote:

since my last post several months ago, I was able to get ALL the bad marks off my report (Identity Theft while I lived in Canada for 10 years)

CK has my scores at 668, 661- Fico via Discover has a score of 720 

Simply Be card- 350

Chase Freedom- $6K

Cap 1 Quick Silver- $1300

Cap 1 Venture- $2k

Cap 1 Journey- $1.1k

Alaska Airlines via BOA- $2k

Discover IT- $2.6k

I recently applied for a Best Buy card and was declined the store card, but was approved for the Citi Best Buy Visa for $500. I've noticed there are threads where people call and ask for more? is this done while you're activating the card or after you've had the card? $500 at best buy isn't even the price of a surface pro (what I had been looking at when I was prompted to apply). 

I do have 9 inquiries on Equifax, 5 on TU and 4 on Experian.

Thanks Smiley Very Happy 

Salary: $85K 

Zero late payments, zero collections, zero charge offs. 

Congratulations on your Best Buy approval!  I requested that your thread be moved out of 'Approvals' since it's more related to a CLI question than an announcement of your approval.

I'm not a Citi expert, but I'm sure some folks will be checking in soon.  I'll just say that I find it intriguing that you were declined for the store card , yet were approved for the Visa version.  Usually it's the other way around... but in any case I feel it's to your advantage! 

As far as I know unless it's done the day of approval, CLI requests with Citi are usually an HP.  Again, I don't personally have any Citi products, so I'll defer to other folks for more specific details.

Also, good job in getting those reports cleaned up... that's an accomplishment in itself!  Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 3
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Re: Question about increasing credit limit when activating card? is that 'recon'?

Yes,, Citi usually ask for HP for CLI request,even if the rep says they don't....

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.