Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quicksilver CLI 2-3 day message

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quicksilver CLI 2-3 day message

Today I pulled the trigger on the CLI for my QS1!

Recieved a message stating 2-3 days review. Does this mean I’m denied? I feel like this card has been stuck at $750 forever!!!

I use the card and pay it off most times but there are times I carry a balance around 50%. I’m thinking I’m going to keep this card at 0 as I should anyway.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Re: Quicksilver CLI 2-3 day message

@Anonymous wrote:
Today I pulled the trigger on the CLI for my QS1!

Recieved a message stating 2-3 days review. Does this mean I’m denied? I feel like this card has been stuck at $750 forever!!!

I use the card and pay it off most times but there are times I carry a balance around 50%. I’m thinking I’m going to keep this card at 0 as I should anyway.

It has been my experience that it is either an instant approval or you get the 2-3 day message which has been for me a denial. My Cap1 QS1 is my netflix autopay card and sits in the SD. My AF is due in October and if I cannot get it waved it is adios to Cap1. Thanks for the memories!

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 2 of 13
mrfragicide
Valued Member

It’s pretty much been my experience with C1 that if you get anything other than an instant approval on a CLI, its a denial. Ive been with them for almost 10 years now and it hasn’t changed.

However, they do give random CLIs without a request. Most times they happen within a week or two of requesting a CLI. C1 is finicky sometimes. Doesn’t make sense.

Message 3 of 13
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Capital One... NOT in my wallet!

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ugh that sucks. It’s not my oldest card but one of my oldest cards I believe 6 years so I can’t get rid of it. I also have a BuyPowerCard. Low limit as well. I got the cards when I had a very thin file, and I know my credit hasn’t been the best but I have never paid them late!

Since reading the forums it seems utilization is key. As well as good scores.
Message 5 of 13
Medic981
Valued Contributor

If you are worried about AAoA going down if you close your card, don't. The card will remain a positive tradeline for ten years after it is closed. UTI is another story. You might want to try to get a CLI to replace the credit you would lose before canceling. 

Message 6 of 13
mrfragicide
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:
Ugh that sucks. It’s not my oldest card but one of my oldest cards I believe 6 years so I can’t get rid of it. I also have a BuyPowerCard. Low limit as well. I got the cards when I had a very thin file, and I know my credit hasn’t been the best but I have never paid them late!

I also have a BuyPowerCard and CLIs are not allowed with them. They only happen at random. Honestly, the only card I enjoy at C1 is the Savor card. All the others are trash and taking up space.

I did a PC from the Platinum to a QS1 since that was my starter card (started at $300 CL, is now $2500), but other than that it’s been bucketed.

Message 7 of 13
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@mrfragicide wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I also have a BuyPowerCard and CLIs are not allowed with them. They only happen at random. Honestly, the only card I enjoy at C1 is the Savor card. All the others are trash and taking up space.

I did a PC from the Platinum to a QS1 since that was my starter card (started at $300 CL, is now $2500), but other than that it’s been bucketed.

My QS1 is bucketed. It started at $300 and the CL stands at $1100. The card is the first in my rebuild and turns 2 years old next month. 

I have tried to PC it to a QS but no go, even after contacting the EO. It is my only AF card and if it ever costs me it is outa here!

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your signature shows TU & EX score increase of 70 points from August to Sept -- if this is accurate, know that Cap1 isn't yet aware of this improvement. In my experience they run 5-6 weeks behind.

When your denial letter comes, note the score/date used (ie, EX FICO 622, 7/30/2018) and depending on how far back the date, try again to learn when the date updates (in this example, advancing forward from 7/30 to 8/30 might not help you much if the real score improvement didn't happen until Sept ). 

Good luck.

Message 9 of 13
egold1234
Contributor

I just received instant CLIs on the following Cap One cards:

Spark $10k to $15k
Venture $8700 to $9450

I received a 2-3 notice on my Quick Silver. Logged in two days later and found:
$17,750 to $20,750

My other Quick Silver One, which was my rebuilder is at $4,750 and stuck. Denied CLI.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.