Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RECON LETTER HELP!

tag
Boribori
Contributor

RECON LETTER HELP!

I got denied with AMEX Everyday Card on 5/20/17 and was seeing if I could have someone proofread my recon letter who's had success. I've never done it before and I want to make sure I get it right. I feel like I might ramble on in this letter, but unsure. I will PM the letter to you if someone wants to help me. Thanks!

Total Credit Limit : $29,600
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Re: RECON LETTER HELP!

Hi I don't think AMEX has an option to send a recon LETTER. Typically when u get declined with them, u can just call in to New Accounts and request that they reconsider the app. The agents will then forward ur application with any explanation u wish to include to the underwriters who then reviews the app a second time. Usually you'll get a final decision within 3-5 Business days and also u can track the status online as well! 

Message 2 of 6
Boribori
Contributor

Yeah I called them and that's what they told me, but I wanted them to get my take on it. Instead of just having them send the app for them to recon.

Message 3 of 6
Boribori
Contributor

Bump* someone please, who has had success with recon letters please PM me so you can proofread mine, and see if I need to add or take out some things. Thank you

Message 4 of 6
Boribori
Contributor

AMEX ED RECON LETTER SENT

I applied for the AMEX ED credit card on 5/22/17 and got declined. I just mailed off the letter on the 27th. Unfortunately, this is memorial day weekend so they wont recieve until Tuesday. I sent all three of my credit reports even though they probably will only use one. Wish me luck and I'll keep you guys posted! 

Message 5 of 6
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

You really dont give us much information to go on.

Did you receive your denial letter before applying for the ED card?

What were the reasons?

Do you have a reasonable explanation for the denial reasons?

What was your Experian score?

Are you new to credit or have you been around the block a few times?

Its still possible to recon these denials but the more info you share with us, the better we can help

Good luck

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.