Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really, Capital One?

tag
lakelife16
New Contributor

Really, Capital One?

So I applied for Venture with three scores over 700 (Exp was 745) and got the we need more time message. Called the next day and they said due to a fraud alert on my EQ, they needed me to add a contact number so they could call me to verify. They said they wouldn't pull every report again, only EQ. I called EQ, got this taken care of and then called Cap 1 back to confirm their request was processed. Yesterday, I get there more alerts, they didn't do what they said and again pulled three reports and also SP'd EQ. So a total of six hard pulls and one soft. I called today, told I was declined and said to await an email. I got the email tonight and their reason? "Too many recent inquiries on Experian." I have a 9 total, 7 in the last few months. Two were mortgage inquiries, two from Cap One and then one each from Blispay, a credit union and Discover. So frustrating when two of the inquiries were from them and two were mortgage related. Two others are over a year old. Does Cap 1 recon? I'm so disappointed!
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
bobbay
Established Contributor

Re: Really, Capital One?

I would be really mad too.  Cap One can be real flakey,  sorry to hear that

Current Score: EX 712 4/28/15, TU 713 4/14/14 lender pull, EQ 723 9/16/15, 740 EQ bankcard 8 6/1/15 lender pull
Last app 03/12/17

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I think I'm done with them.  Gonna pay mine off and SD 'em I think.  

Message 3 of 12
CatOfSpades
Frequent Contributor

Just. Wow. That's super ridiculous. 

♠Queen of Spades♠
Apple Card MC $10,000
BofA Cash Rewards VS $10,000
5/3 Cash/Back WEMC $10,000
Discover IT $7,500
Message 4 of 12
lakelife16
New Contributor

I'm going to call them in a little while, not sure if I'll get anywhere. Also, will try emailing the EO address if I hit a dead end.
Message 5 of 12
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Any results from the call? I'd be very upset about this. That just isn't right.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 12
lakelife16
New Contributor

@RM21: Thanks for asking! They said sorry but you can reapply in 30 days, the application was declined. Asked to talk to a supervisor and a very rude, argumentative man with an accent was unhelpful and accused me of lying about how many inquiries I had. I said, Sir, I can list every single one and he said "I can tell you there has to be way more than 9." There's not. He kept saying that's not true. When I asked him to look on the report, he said he didn't have access to that information on his screen. Such a poor excuse of a "Supervisor."

I emailed the EO on Friday and that's my last attempt to deal with them. I won't apply again with them as this was absolutely ridiculous and on them 1000%.
Message 7 of 12
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

I would be really ticked off too. Send them this:

151ws4.jpg

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 8 of 12
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Trying to recon or solve any issue with Capital One will result in you tearing your hair out and likely getting nowhere. They are not a bad company, but it's very hard to get any problem solved with them.

Message 9 of 12
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

Trying to recon or solve any issue with Capital One will result in you tearing your hair out and likely getting nowhere. They are not a bad company, but it's very hard to get any problem solved with them.

I would disagree... when I had a problem with them not approving me for a QS, when I had low 600 scores, no recent baddies, and a 2 year PERFECT payment history on my secured card with them, I emailed the EO, and they manually reviewed my app, and approved me..   There was NO hassle, or hair pulling out....

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.