Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDFCU?

tag
calyx
Super Contributor

SDFCU?

I'm gardening now, but have a question for the future re: SDFCU

Does anyone know if going into an SDFCU branch yields better results re: credit card applications/preapprovals like Chase or other banks?   I am not in the immediate area, but I go up to MD/VA/DC often enough that it's not a hardship if it would generate better results.   

And yes, I'm already a member.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: SDFCU?

@calyx wrote:

Does anyone know if going into an SDFCU branch yields better results re: credit card applications/preapprovals like Chase or other banks?   I am not in the immediate area, but I go up to MD/VA/DC often enough that it's not a hardship if it would generate better results.   

It depends on whether you have a banking relationship with them; and whether in branch or online, your credit profile is still paramount. How are your DPs?

EDIT: Oops just saw you’re a member. So how is your credit profile?

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 19
calyx
Super Contributor

@CreditInspired wrote:

@calyx wrote:

It depends on whether you have a banking relationship with them; and whether in branch or online, your credit profile is still paramount. How are your DPs?

EDIT: Oops just saw you’re a member. So how is your credit profile?

For SDFCU - not great from what I've been reading.

Clean, but young (I wasn't pulling scores until next month; major derogs fell off of EQ this month, so it should be in line with the others).
I have 9 or 10 tradelines - 2 installment (student loan, auto loan); 7 revolving lines; 1 AU.
I know I have too many inquiries (gardening!) at  5/5/4 (12m, 9/7/5 over 24m).    Most of the <12m will be 1 year in September/October or March of next year.  Most of the >12/<24 fall off in January.   Most of my cards were double pulls, so they fall off in batches.
Adequate income; good DTI.
I don't plan on apping any time soon, but I was wondering if in-person apping would make any difference with them.

Right now, I only have savings that I deposit monthly with them.  Not a lot, because their savings rate is crappy and I have high yield accounts elsewhere.    If it helps in the future, I can move money into their certificates, too, since those rates seem to be comparable to other institutions I have money in and I have enough regular savings that having not-quite-so-liquid savings isn't a hardship.

Message 3 of 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

From what I recall in a thread buried from several years ago, in-person applications only speed up the process from an ID verification standpoint or if you have any required docs they might need, but would not necessarily provide any UW advantage than if it were submitted online if you're already an existing member. They're known to be very conservative.
Message 4 of 19
calyx
Super Contributor

That's what I thought, but I was hoping to be wrong (re: no advantage)

I know they're pretty conservative, so I will just bide my time (maybe).

Then again, maybe in the future if/when I get around to apping, they will have changed their mind and don't want someone potentially wailing in dejection in their lobby, hah.

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Must wear pimp suit when applying in person. Reply back with results. 😂
Message 6 of 19
calyx
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If it would get me the approval, I'd be in for it.

Message 7 of 19
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Too funny. OMG I just knew this was @AverageJoesCredit post. Okay, so now we have another commedian in the house. I’m loving it. 😂😁😆

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 8 of 19
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@calyx wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

For a great SL, heels of shoes must have goldfish—live goldfish 😂🤣

Message 9 of 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditInspired wrote:

@calyx wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

For a great SL, heels of shoes must have goldfish—live goldfish 😂🤣

Good one @CreditInspired smiley-laughing021.gif

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.