Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SYNCHRONY CLI : Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

SYNCHRONY CLI : Question

Hey Yall, 

I got my Lowe's card in the mail & want to try for a CLI.

Is it best that I call Credit Solutions, or is the Online Chat the same department?

FYI: they only approved me for $700 so idk if that's borderline or not, but it seemed as if I barely had my foot in the door since I couldn't activate online & when I was approved over the phone they told me I had a Hold on my account. Everytime I've called for something, the regular rep couldn't assist & I had to be transferred to a "specialty" department. . . . However, the account has shown on my credit report as an active tradeline.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SYNCHRONY CLI : Question

Welp, I was impatient. 

I went to the Online Chat and asked for 17K.

The rep  asked what was my annual income, which is 34K.

. . . . granted me $6,000 and I accepted.

I'd like higher for next year, but idk maybe I can get it increased again later. 

It took about 7 minutes, with a Transunion FICO of 676. Highest card to date!

Message 2 of 10
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Sometimes impatience is a good thing, sure looks like it was for you. Congrats on your CLI. I'd wait until your score is over 720 to go for another CLI and at least six months. Not to say it's not possible sooner or with a lower score but in this case patience will probably pay off more. Again congrats!!!!
Message 3 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

$700 to $6000 in 7minutesSmiley Happy Gotta love Sync. I agree with creditguy wait to get over 700 and youll be in a much better place. Plus this can be a wary time asking for cli with Sync Smiley Wink Enjoy and great job!
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
$700 to $6000 in 7minutesSmiley Happy Gotta love Sync. I agree with creditguy wait to get over 700 and youll be in a much better place. Plus this can be a wary time asking for cli with Sync Smiley Wink Enjoy and great job!

Just curious, why a wary time?  Haven't even gotten my card yet, but just in case.

Message 5 of 10
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey Yall, 

I got my Lowe's card in the mail & want to try for a CLI.

Is it best that I call Credit Solutions, or is the Online Chat the same department?

FYI: they only approved me for $700 so idk if that's borderline or not, but it seemed as if I barely had my foot in the door since I couldn't activate online & when I was approved over the phone they told me I had a Hold on my account. Everytime I've called for something, the regular rep couldn't assist & I had to be transferred to a "specialty" department. . . . However, the account has shown on my credit report as an active tradeline.

I say chat is the best

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Just curious, why a wary time?  Haven't even gotten my card yet, but just in case.

To answer your question about why AverageJoes stated that it is a wary time with Synnchrony:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/What-the-heck-is-going-on-with-Synchrony/m-p/4669682/highlight/true#M1353409

Message 7 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yes Macman 806, if you read up on Synch in the monster thread that Humu linked above it should bring some awareness that all should have in dealing with Sync. Plus there are couple more recent threads with people opening up many Sync accounts within last 6 months, not even careying too much balance and still having issues with their accounts. I cant say one will have problems or not to apply for cli because truth be told it may not happen ir effect everyone but i feel its good to have people at least aware. I found this site earlier this year almost a year after i statrted rebuilding and had i found it sooner, i know i would be a couple silly inquiries shorter haha Smiley Happy lol
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK thanks, this is my first account with Synchrony, so I'm thinking I should be OK.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

OK thanks, this is my first account with Synchrony, so I'm thinking I should be OK.

Assuming you don't go crazy with apps, I agree. You'll be fine.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.