Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Santander Bank processing

tag
zerofire
Valued Contributor

Santander Bank processing

So I recently applied to Santander Bank for their only visible card, the Santander Bank Ultimate Cash Back. The fun part is that I got the 30day message. Now I understand that they have instant approval if you're really good but that is rare and their standards are high. Does anyone know how long it takes them to process an application regularly? I am hearing some people waiting the full 30. Also I have never had an application give such a long limit. 14day is my longest before.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Santander Bank processing

Santander is not the fastest when it comes to processing credit applications. Even back in the day when they had a full array of CCs, instant approvals were not that common. Calling them will not speed up the process btw.

The last time I applied, which was years ago before things were geo-fenced with their Sphere CC, it literally took them almost 30 days. So, exercise lots of patience until you hear something (denied or approved).

Message 2 of 5
JLRDC909
Frequent Contributor

My friend has the Sphere card, which I am not sure if its available anymore.  Preapproved offer, got a small limit ($3500) called to try to up the limit, they said NO, computer makes those decisions.  Not sure that they even recon or have any reps that know or authorized to do a manual review.  Also, even though his was a preapproval, took forever to get the card.

JR
Message 3 of 5
zerofire
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the confirmations. Apperently they do something fast though because I got a letter today. Letter says they "Could not Verify Credit Refrences". Huh? I have 11yr of credit history and they say nope. This is going to get fun tomorrow when I call in to tune up the department and for an explanation.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 4 of 5
zerofire
Valued Contributor

Just a final update to the Santander saga. I called and they said I needed to send a letter to the address on the letter I got and that there is no direct access by phone. I ended up sending a letter but never heard anything back. I am going to mark the denial as permanent on this card.

Active:
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.