Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scores going up each month but...

tag
AFreshStart
Regular Contributor

Scores going up each month but...

As much I would love to get the CSR for travel, my understanding is Chase likes to see a least of year of usage. I have had credit credit cards before but closed them, so my current cards are less than a year old.

What are some alternatives cards I could apply for in terms of travel and cash back that are open to 6 months of history and scores of 670-690?
Starting Scores Nov 17: 581(EQ) 571(TU) 563(EX)
Cap One VentureOne 5k, Discover 2k, Amex Delta Gold 1k, Amex SPG 1k, Capital One 500,
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Scores going up each month but...

Howdy!

What kind of travel are you seeking?  Hotel, air, car rental, a combination of them all?  Recommendations wiill depend on what exactly you'd utilize the most.  For me, my travel is Southwest/Alaska Airlines...I don't have the Southwest card but I do rack up a lot of miles via my BoA Alaska Visa.  As far as hotels, I typically stay at Marriott properties so I rack of lots of points on my Amex SPG and transfer to the Marriott program.  

As you can see all can be tailored to your liking...just provide a little more info and I'm sure you'll get some decent responses. 

Message 2 of 3
AFreshStart
Regular Contributor

Re: Scores going up each month but...

@Loquatwrote:

Howdy!

What kind of travel are you seeking?  Hotel, air, car rental, a combination of them all?  Recommendations wiill depend on what exactly you'd utilize the most.  For me, my travel is Southwest/Alaska Airlines...I don't have the Southwest card but I do rack up a lot of miles via my BoA Alaska Visa.  As far as hotels, I typically stay at Marriott properties so I rack of lots of points on my Amex SPG and transfer to the Marriott program.  

As you can see all can be tailored to your liking...just provide a little more info and I'm sure you'll get some decent responses. 

The Southwest card is my goal but given its backed by Chase I dont think it will be attainable before summer if Chase requires a year of credit usage. So I was inquiring about other travel cards that are not backed by Chase and are obtainable with six months of current usage history. My understanding is Barclay Arrival requires at 700+ score. Would Amex Delta Gold be possible in a few months time?  Nothing ever comes up in the prequalify options for me despite being opted in, so I know I still have work to do. Thanks for your response, btw.

Starting Scores Nov 17: 581(EQ) 571(TU) 563(EX)
Cap One VentureOne 5k, Discover 2k, Amex Delta Gold 1k, Amex SPG 1k, Capital One 500,
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.