cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I App for Slate or a Barclaycard?

tag
Tszone
Regular Contributor

Should I App for Slate or a Barclaycard?

I was approved CSP(10k) and Freedom(5.5k) last month also amex ED(5k). I am trying to get rid of my sub prime cards. I received a Slate pre approval and the mail and it shows up on Chase pre approval site. I do not have Barclays cards. I was denied(7-10 day notice) a pre 61 day Amex 3x cli a few days ago, still have not received notice of why. I was lucky and NASA gave me a 30K limit in late September, which I use as a BT card. Before NASA my highest limit was 2.5k, they opened the doors for me. I  would like to pick up a few more prime cards.

I also had a CLI increase on my BOA rewards card from 1.5k to 5k last month and Lowes from 2.4k to 17k a few days ago. I would like the Arrival or Arrival plus but not sure I would get approved with 4 inq and 708 fico TU. If I get the Slate I can transfer limit to Freedom or CSP after 0% runs out. So what would all of you suggest?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I App for Slate or a Barclaycard?

Barclay
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want to take advantage of 0% interest for a while, the Slate card is a good option. Since you already have a relationship with Chase Bank, you could transfer the limit to other cards if you decide not to keep the Slate after the 0% introductory period ends.

If you expect to carry a balance in the long-term, you might want to look into the Barclaycard Ring. It has an 8% APR. I don't know much about it, but it's worth looking into if you want to open an account with Barclays.

Message 3 of 6
Callandra
Valued Contributor

Barclay Arrival and Chase Slate are sort of apples to oranges (two different cards for different purposes); are you looking for a BT card (Chase) or travel rewards (Barclays)?

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 4 of 6
TURNERHOOVER
Established Contributor

@Tszone wrote:

I was approved CSP(10k) and Freedom(5.5k) last month also amex ED(5k). I am trying to get rid of my sub prime cards. I received a Slate pre approval and the mail and it shows up on Chase pre approval site. I do not have Barclays cards. I was denied(7-10 day notice) a pre 61 day Amex 3x cli a few days ago, still have not received notice of why. I was lucky and NASA gave me a 30K limit in late September, which I use as a BT card. Before NASA my highest limit was 2.5k, they opened the doors for me. I  would like to pick up a few more prime cards.

I also had a CLI increase on my BOA rewards card from 1.5k to 5k last month and Lowes from 2.4k to 17k a few days ago. I would like the Arrival or Arrival plus but not sure I would get approved with 4 inq and 708 fico TU. If I get the Slate I can transfer limit to Freedom or CSP after 0% runs out. So what would all of you suggest?

I also recieved Chase Slate mailer today. I also didn't get approved for Arrival either, TU score is 724 if you're wondering. 

EX 727 | EQ 720 | TU 740

FREEDOM 4.5k | BCP 9.5k | DISCOVER 2.5k | ARRIVAL+ 7.5k | RITZ CARLTON 15k
No new Apps till Dec 2016
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

barclays.. Slate is just good for balance transfers.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.