Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I app or not?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I app or not?

I wanted to get a credit card with Penfed. I have a checking account with them and over draft limit of $5,000. I filed for Chapter 7 back in May 2017. Do I have a chance of getting approved?

Length of Credit History 10 Years, 2 Months
Average Account Age.   4 Years, 11 Months

Most recent account....  Opened on 09/15/2019

Screen Shot 2020-02-09 at 10.02.42 AM.png

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: Should I app or not?

As a disclaimer, I have no relationship with PenFed. So my opinion is merely that-- opinion lol. I would THINK that if your prior relationship with PenFed has been good, you would be able to get approved. CUs tend to reward loyalty. However, I don't know any other details about your credit situation, so of course I can't say for sure. 

@AverageJoesCredit  has experience with PenFed 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck if you do apply! 

Message 3 of 19
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

Best of luck! 

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 4 of 19
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

How long have you had your account with them?!

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Penfed is my best creditor. I have 2 cards with them, both have $17,500 CL. One power visa started with $10,000 at 3 months they bumped to $17,500 as well as approved me for the amex pathfinfer for $17,500. I say go for it.

Message 6 of 19
NimbusIII
Frequent Contributor

I was very much with the same profile you have except had and auto loan and only a savings account and was approved, i did have to prove income and had to recon. The CSR's are some of the best to work with.  Best of luck if you decide to app.

“The man who says he can, and the man who says he can not… Are both correct.”
Message 7 of 19
TekkenQQ7
Established Contributor

Speaking from my experience ( i was discharged 07/2018 )  you have a good chance if your income can support it. I have 2 cards with them, cash reward $15000 and 2 months later I applied for PenFed rewards approved for  $ 10000 but they asked for POI before the application is booked. Best of luck if you decide to apply. 

Message 8 of 19
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

@Aptiger since you have $5000  Over draft credit I'm sure you would definitely  be approved.  I say go for it and Good Luck!

Message 9 of 19
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Good luck if you decide to apply

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.