Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I apply

tag
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Re: Should I apply

Im gonna be the one who says.. Wait a few months for these cards to report usage...

You don't need 3 cards immediately...

I'd wait at least until these cards start reporting...  Think about revisiting this in 3-4 months (possibly 6)... See your scores.. Since you have a few cards now... get a little bit of experience under your belt then grab the third card... Since your report still is a bit thin... In the past id be like oh go for a third now.. but no... That Chase card really needs a little bit of aging.... Some may argue and say oh you could get another card easy.... but you want it to be comparible or more than what you have now.. and some banks will try to compete on limits IF you have the experience.... 

-J

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice. I will wait as suggested. The advice on this forum has been invaluable. So I’ll heed it.
Thanks everyone.
Message 12 of 18
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Still should work on the collections and trying to get off that paid off debt...

If im reading it correctly Just recently two 15.00 medical collections appeared on EX..

Some versions of FICO consider those tiny collections as "nuisance debt"... Still should try to pay them off so they arent there...

Id try to call the provider of those tiny collections and offer to pay them directly.. its a bit of a pain but i want them to recall the debt...

Now the bigger one.. that youve paid already.. Go talk to the rebuilders on the rebuilding forums... Might be able to goodwill it off or possibly dispute if theres some inaccuracy involved.. 

Reason im suggesting this is .. you will increase your scores. and make you look good for some Disco Auto Luv a bit after your third statement... As is anything to do with Miss Disco.. YMMV but esp with getting an unsecured disco.. Theres a chance of an auto somewhere after the thrid statement / 3 months and change....

Also making your report look better for when you app for a third card =)..  Theres also still a remote possibility that Chase could give you an auto since you have one of their lower approval CLs... which happens a bit more lately.. but again.. all the more the reason to polish your report and wait a bit...

-J

Message 13 of 18
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@joltdude wrote:

Im gonna be the one who says.. Wait a few months for these cards to report usage...

You don't need 3 cards immediately...

I'd wait at least until these cards start reporting...  Think about revisiting this in 3-4 months (possibly 6)... See your scores.. Since you have a few cards now... get a little bit of experience under your belt then grab the third card... Since your report still is a bit thin... In the past id be like oh go for a third now.. but no... That Chase card really needs a little bit of aging.... Some may argue and say oh you could get another card easy.... but you want it to be comparible or more than what you have now.. and some banks will try to compete on limits IF you have the experience.... 

-J

Solid advice as Chase will SP his credit within a week and seeing a bunch of apps could spook them.

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is SP my credit?

Message 15 of 18
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Soft Pull... Many card companies will do a soft pull monthly.....and others every few months... and some just when you get the card for a bit..

They see if your getting any other cards... 

Yes some card companies get jealous if you grab a bunch of cards after theirs.. Its also sometimes used for in-account scores....

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well I’ll be darned I applied for a discover card and was approved. $3300.00 Wholy cow. Thanks guys. 

There you go. BOOM!

Message 17 of 18
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the advice. I will wait as suggested. The advice on this forum has been invaluable. So I’ll heed it.
Thanks everyone.

I would wait 6 months, clean up your credit report during that time and then app for an Amex card.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.