cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I re-apply after I am out of 2/30 with Chase?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I re-apply after I am out of 2/30 with Chase?

Okay thanks guys, but no futher comments are required.  This is a few months old now and as stated I'm holding off, 2018 Q4 categories arent useful to me anyways.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Fair, I've just heard of some lucky few people bypassing the 2/30 rule and somehow got 3 chase cards at once. So I assumed applying for 3 cards in a short time was not very concerning to them, especially considering how popular the Chase trifecta is among the credit card fandom. But if you think this might be a legitimate concern, would you think there would be any real issue to just call them up and ask them to at least reconsider my previous application? Thanks for your input!

You must be reading Reddit but unless someone shows me verifiable proof that they bypassed the 2/30 rule I would tend not to believe it.

As it stands your third application for a Freedom card was automatically rejected because you were in violation of the 2/30 rule.  If you call them up now they will not reconsider because of the automatic denial.  The system deletes an application after 30 days so if you call them after 30 days there will be nothing to reconsider.  If you want to submit a new application after 30 days its up to you but you run the risk of adverse action for opening too many accounts in a short period of time (Chase is particularly sensitive to this).

What's the rush anyway?  No doubt you have spend requirements for the two cards you just got...I'd work on that first and establish a payment history on them before pursuing the third card.

Just for clarification, the 2/30 bypass that I mentioned was not from reddit.  Onemileatatime has an uncited reference to reports of people bypassing it.  It could in reality just be people getting 2 personal cards and 1 business card within 30 days, which is possible. 

Spend requirements for the CSR is $4k, with an additional two freedom cards its $5k total.  That additional $1k spend wouldnt make or break me and is pretty easy to get in 3 months.  The "rush" is just because I simply wanted to maximize my spend and get the most points possible.  

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.