Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simmons Bank

tag
britt585
Regular Contributor

Simmons Bank

Good morning....Does anyone know how many inquires are to many for simmons bank?....Please share..Thanks

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Simmons Bank

Not really sure but they are VERY conservative and all stuff is under manaul UW if you didnt already know that.  They will pull TU and need excellent credit 780+ probably to go for it.   Not a ton of information on this site about them as alot of rebuilders or people with alot of credit and that causes most of the site population to not be able to obtain a card from them.  Best of luck if you do try and see what others states, but I would speculate somewhere in the realm of under 5 Inquiries in 2 years although that is just a pure guess.  It won't just be inquiries either it will be total number of accounts, aggregate CL's between cards and your overall profile.

Message 2 of 10
Berk
Established Contributor

IMO about the only benefit to having a Simmons Bank credit card is the low interest rate. Much easier to get much better cards much more quickly. Again, this is just my opinion.

Message 3 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

+1 @Berk

I believe Simmons is more for the status but then again, here it really does not keep most peoples interest in that better cards can be found without having to be so perfect and lower apr cards can also be found. Good luck Op though on your journeySmiley Happy
Message 4 of 10
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
+1 @Berk

I believe Simmons is more for the status

Touche, although much of the cachet that was once associated with being a cardholder has now faded. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5 of 10
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

I still want this card

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meanmchine wrote:

I still want this card

Interest rate is good but there are cards that are easier to obtain with equal or better rates. Also their best reward rate is 1.25 and that is not competitve in today's world. Likely you knew all of this!

In my distant past this was a card I wanted to go after but, once the market place got competitive Simmons drifted out of the forefront. In truth, I did not have the credit scores to make it in the past. Today, likely so and no inquiries anywhere for two years. Now I am not going to apply.

Best of luck and please come back and provide data points if you can. Times change and you just never know?!

Message 7 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, isnt Simmons a Bed?Smiley Wink
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey AJC, wrong thread, beds refer to @M_Smart007  and sleeping with his shoes on! Ha ha ha ok or NOT Smiley LOL

Message 9 of 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

No Silly @Anonymous , "Comfort Card"Smiley Tongue

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.