Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sitting in limbo with Lowe's application

tag
dudefromtx
Established Contributor

Sitting in limbo with Lowe's application

Not sure if this is the right spot for this post as I'm still new so I aplogize. So last week I decided to use the prequalify on Lowe's website to see if I had a chance for approval. I did the verification thing first before I filled out the form. After I filled out the form I hit the submit button but the browser timed out. So I hit reload and then got the dreaded "wait 7-10 day message" so I figured it was a no go. Well today I get a letter in the mail saying they got my request and in order to complete it they needed some additional information. So I go ahead and call in and the lady asked me a few verification questions and went to try to process it. For some reason she couldn't get it to process so she said she needed to get a manager involved and could I wait a couple of minutes which I agreed. She came back a few minutes later and said her manager couldn't get it to process either and that they needed to get a higher manager involved and can I hold for a few more minutes which I said sure. She came back and said the higher manager looked into the situation and figured out the problem which was there was actually two applications that were submitted that same day. She said I was preapproved for the first one but was denied on the second. At the moment I didn't recall why there would have been two applications in the same day but later after I got off the phone I realized the time out thing. So she told me that the higher supervisor said for me to reapp again and that they were going to delete the other two applications which was my concern if I tried again. Well, I went ahead and filled out the application again and got another "7-10 days" message. So I called again and explained the whole situation to the lady and so she told me I now have 3 applications. I told her apparently the higher supervisor didn't delete the first two after all. She said she was going to have to talk to her supervisor and put me on hold for a few minutes. She came back and said well they have been having a lot of problems with the website handling applications and that they couldn't really do anything to my application because the system wouldn't let them. So she said she was going to email their backend people to look at my application and for me to call back within a week to see what the status is on it. So now I'm sitting in limbo with my Lowe's application. Has anyone else ever had that problem happen to them?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Sitting in limbo with Lowe's application

That's definitely interesting.

I would just wait and let the dust settle and follow up within a week to see where they are with the applications in queue.   Since it appears they haven't gone to the final stages, at least there hasn't been a HP yet on your reports.  Once it fully processes (if they get it to do so) then the HP will take effect.

Whatever you do, do not submit any additional pre-qualified applications until they provide you with next steps on the situation.

Message 2 of 14
dudefromtx
Established Contributor

Yeah, thank you for the advice. The lady did mention that too not to submit anymore apps until they get it figured out.

Message 3 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@dudefromtx wrote:

Yeah, thank you for the advice. The lady did mention that too not to submit anymore apps until they get it figured out.

The only anomalies I've heard about the pre-qualified tool is if you alter the address on the application to something else, or hit the refresh button instead of clearing inputs, or submitting a 2nd application in a short timeframe while the first one was declined.  Definitely nothing like your situation so it's a good thing you posted about it in case others run into the same thing.  I think you broke it lol 😄😄

Message 4 of 14
dudefromtx
Established Contributor

Yeah, it was a really odd situation to say the least. haha I think there is a good chance it's going to get approved since the first lady did say the first application was preapproved and that is the one they are going to go off of. So I guess we shall see in a week.

Message 5 of 14
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Good luck!! Hope it's a positive outcome!!! Certainly a strange hiccup in the app process.

Message 6 of 14
dudefromtx
Established Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

Good luck!! Hope it's a positive outcome!!! Certainly a strange hiccup in the app process.

Thank you! Yeah, I thought it was too. I'll keep y'all updated when I call them next week.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the 7 to 10 day noticed with out even finishing  the application I had to take a copy of my license and couldn't get it to accept it I just gave up just a waste of time

Message 8 of 14
dudefromtx
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I got the 7 to 10 day noticed with out even finishing  the application I had to take a copy of my license and couldn't get it to accept it I just gave up just a waste of time

Oh dang. I'm not sure what the outcome will be on this but I'm being optimistic. 

Message 9 of 14
dudefromtx
Established Contributor

So it's been a week of waiting and I just got off the phone with them. The application is still waiting to be looked at by the backend and was told there isn't a time frame either and that I would get a letter of the outcome. The supervisor thought it was odd that the system wouldn't let them act on it.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.