Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slate Recon Help - What do I do next

tag
c32knight
New Contributor

Slate Recon Help - What do I do next

My scores finally hit 670-680 for all three, and I decided to apply for the Chase Slate card. Unfortunately I didn't have a pre approval so I applied cold after seeing lower scores getting approved on another forum database. I got the 7-10 day message. Called the credit analyst recon number from the backdoors thread. After giving all my info i was told it would be escalated to a senior analyst, and I would get a letter in 1 to 2 weeks. Should I call another recon line? or call back the number i called? is there anything I can do other than waiting 2 weeks?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
c32knight
New Contributor

Re: Slate Recon Help - What do I do next

Can a moderator please move this to the applications board. Sorry about that.

Message 2 of 5
thummel
Established Contributor

If they already escalated it to a senior UW I would just sit back and wait. They do keep track of how many times someone calls FYI. Have you checked the automated status line to see what it says?
Message 3 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Waiting would be better at this point. No update yet?

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 5
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@c32knight wrote:

My scores finally hit 670-680 for all three, and I decided to apply for the Chase Slate card. Unfortunately I didn't have a pre approval so I applied cold after seeing lower scores getting approved on another forum database. I got the 7-10 day message. Called the credit analyst recon number from the backdoors thread. After giving all my info i was told it would be escalated to a senior analyst, and I would get a letter in 1 to 2 weeks. Should I call another recon line? or call back the number i called? is there anything I can do other than waiting 2 weeks?

I'd just leave it alone and let the senior analyst review it. If they sent it off to them, they sent it off to them. Let the process take its course.

As someone else mentioned they note who calls and how many times, so calling too many times could make you appear desperate which isn't a good thing with creditors.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.