Re: So bummed..

Here is my credit profile. Fico 8

Experian 780

TransUnion 782

Equifax 760

I have 1 mortage at 4 years old

I have 2 car loans. 3 years old

3 unsecured loans

6 credit cards, Credit Limit is $40K and 0% utilization. Oldest credit card is 8 years old and newest is 3 months.

Amex Gold charge card

5 inquires in Experian in the past 2 years

3 inquires in each of Transunion and Equifax in the past 2 years, Most of the inquires are from CredCo for the house refianacing in the past 8 months

Never a missed payment

Income is gross $265,000 yearly not including bonuses

Message 11 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just did it. Thanks.

Message 12 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm curious. Could calling them trigger something and remind them to report me? Sounds dumb of me to say?

Message 13 of 28
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I was 33 days late when I paid off August 21st and September 21 last night.. Payment was due on August 21st.

So, just for clarity, you made your July 21st payment on time, right?  But, the payment which was due on August 21st was made last night (including the scheduled payment for Sept 21st)?  It almost sounds like the July-August payment was 60+ days overdue unless I'm missing something. 

Personally, as mentioned upthread, I would call BMWFS as soon as practical to get that late reporting situation sorted out. 

Message 14 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Here is my credit profile. Fico 8

Experian 780 - primary for Amex to be looking at / once you have a card they SP at least once a month.... not the issue

TransUnion 782

Equifax 760

I have 1 mortage at 4 years old shouldn't be an issue

I have 2 car loans. 3 years old shouldn't be an issue

3 unsecured loans could be an issue since they're equiv. to CC's depending on amount / age / potential for pyramiding debt 

6 credit cards, Credit Limit is $40K and 0% utilization. if you could list them individually that would help card/limit/balance/age

Oldest credit card is 8 years old and newest is 3 months. looks fine

Amex Gold charge card 

5 inquires in Experian in the past 2 years 

3 inquires in each of Transunion and Equifax in the past 2 years, Most of the inquires are from CredCo for the house refianacing in the past 8 months if these were in a short time span they get scored as 1 INQ and.... just wondering if there's a reason for the refi that didn't roll the CC debt/personal loans into it?

Never a missed payment 

Income is gross $265,000 yearly not including bonuses obviously not an issue

Looking at the bigger picture though.... 

mortgage + 2 car payments + 3 personal loans + CC's = DTI burden?  

There might be something to the payment amounts across the different items but, need more info to pain the picture.  Conceivably you could be at 10% DTI or 60% depending on how the numbers total up.

Message 15 of 28
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just did it. Thanks.

I'm assuming this means you just setup billpay. If yes, I want to explain how autopay works because the last thing you need or want is a catastrophic situation. It is a MUST that the funds are available in your account when the bank goes to debit. Because bouncing a payment is worse than missing a payment!

And, yes, it has happened. Someone forgot billpay was setup, their payroll check was deposited a day later than usual, one forgets to transfer the funds in enough time to fund the account. Yep, there's a million and one reasons to ensure the money is there 2-3 days prior to the autopay due date.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 16 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I always have funds to cover the autopay.

Message 17 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for this feedback.

Credit & Charge Cards, no balance on any of the cards listed below.

Credit One Visa $2,000 CL 8 years old

Capital One $1,100 CL, 3 years & 2 months old

Citi Shop Your Way $5,800 CL, 2 years & 5 months old

Credit One Mastercard $1,000 CL 1 Year & 6 months old

Chase Sapphire Preffered $24,000 CL, 4 month old

Amex Gold, 3 months old

Apple Card $15,000 CL, 1 month old

An update, I called BMW and they said they already reported the 30 days late. I assume i'm going to drop down to the high 600's or low 700's.

My DTI is 33% currently, in the next 6 months it will be about 25%. I will be paying off all 3 loans. 

"if these were in a short time span they get scored as 1 INQ and.... just wondering if there's a reason for the refi that didn't roll the CC debt/personal loans into it?"  <<<<<<<What do you mean by this?

Message 18 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for this feedback.

Credit & Charge Cards, no balance on any of the cards listed below.

Credit One Visa $2,000 CL 8 years old

Capital One $1,100 CL, 3 years & 2 months old

Citi Shop Your Way $5,800 CL, 2 years & 5 months old

Credit One Mastercard $1,000 CL 1 Year & 6 months old

Chase Sapphire Preffered $24,000 CL, 4 month old

Amex Gold, 3 months old

Apple Card $15,000 CL, 1 month old

An update, I called BMW and they said they already reported the 30 days late. I assume i'm going to drop down to the high 600's or low 700's.

My DTI is 33% currently, in the next 6 months it will be about 25%. I will be paying off all 3 loans. 

"if these were in a short time span they get scored as 1 INQ and.... just wondering if there's a reason for the refi that didn't roll the CC debt/personal loans into it?"  <<<<<<<What do you mean by this?

I meant if there was a refi consilidating things might have looked better on the new apps.... but, it looks like everything is PIF which is good... so, 3 new cards this year almost doubling your card count means it's time to garden for awhile to let things age a bit.

Just take some time to age things and the hit from the 30 day to lessen before chasing anything new.  You could sneak new apps in but, there's a good chance of them either being significantly reduced in CL or yanked all together if they think you're having cash issues.  

Keep an eye on your accounts for any sudden changes once the update occurs with the 30D reporting.  There might be some CLD issues or temporary account freezes looking for POI due to the sudden score drop.  Usually if you spot them and call them quickly you'll be able to restore the CL with an explaination of what happened.  Everyone forgets a payment at some point.  The key is  to setup autopay for the min balance each month on any account you have a tendency to use.  It will save you grief down the road.  It's #2 on my list of new accounts to do right after getting online access / e-statements setup.  Even in the rare instance I have to fill out a form and e-mail it over to the bank it's just that safety net to prevent issues.

Message 19 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice. I will wait it out. I’ll update you on my new score. I’m curious the type of hit I will get.
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.