cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sportsman Guide Visa. Prescreened acceptance link?

tag
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Sportsman Guide Visa. Prescreened acceptance link?

Found this link on a Google search. Is this a SP app link for SG Visa?

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/alliancedata/prescreenacceptance

It only asks for DOB, last 4 and income.  Strange that I'm not seeing it ask for any other info?

I'm in the garden, otherwise I might follow this to see where it leads.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sportsman Guide Visa. Prescreened acceptance link?

I can't be sure but I've read elsewhere that it's a HP if you go to that link without it being offered to you.

Report back if you try it.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Either was is a hard pull regardless if you cold turkey apply and get a pre approval 

they pull Equifax 

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you end up applying with the link and if so what was the outcome? Thanks
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you end up applying with the link? If so, what was the outcome. I have heard others say once you click the link fill out last 4 and DOB that it will just refresh take you to the shopping cart and ongce you scroll down you will see a 48 hour delay in processing message that you should receive communication in mail within 10 business days and most say they never receive any letter or inquiry whether soft or hard. So I am just curious if you ended up trying it or not.
Message 5 of 12
haleyjen
Regular Contributor

I tried it and that's exactly what happened.  I assume I didn't get it.

BOA Cash Rewards - $500 Capital One Quicksilver: $750 Merrick Double Your Line Visa.- $1000 Mission Lane: $400 Grain: $875 J Crew: $1100
Message 6 of 12
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

I used the popup at checkout and never got a HP.

Most do, but every once in a blue moon....a few of us schmucks squeeze through.

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@woodyman100 wrote:

I did as well.  It took a lot of effort, if I recall correctly, but it made it feel more rewarding.  Matter of fact, it was one of my favorite achievements in round one of my rebuild(and I'm not officially on round 2 yet), if not the favorite(a visa without a HP almost sounded too good to be true for someone in my shows at the time).

Woodyman, do you recall roughly how long ago you applied for it?  I havent been around here much since I finished round one, but seem to recall having read that Commenity ended the SPs for anything that wasn't a pure store card?  

Message 8 of 12
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@woodyman100 wrote:

I did as well.  It took a lot of effort, if I recall correctly, but it made it feel more rewarding.  Matter of fact, it was one of my favorite achievements in round one of my rebuild(and I'm not officially on round 2 yet), if not the favorite(a visa without a HP almost sounded too good to be true for someone in my shows at the time).

Woodyman, do you recall roughly how long ago you applied for it?  I havent been around here much since I finished round one, but seem to recall having read that Commenity ended the SPs for anything that wasn't a pure store card?  

Early last month.

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that data point, it's great news!  I believe it contradicts what Ive read in some past posts.  It's great to know the Sportmans Guide Visa is still available via SCT!  I highly recommend it for those in a rebuild, and even those who aren't.  

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.