Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State Department FCU Application

tag
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

Re: State Department FCU Application

*UPDATE #2
Received an email message from SDFCU stating that the Account Request was 'Denied' (Guess I'll clean up things on all reports and try again 01/2020) I'm going to give them a call and see what the exact reason for denial was. (This way I can clean that up specifically)

CC still shows 'Pending'.

Now it's just a matter of time before the CC shoe drops 😳. I'll keep you posted.

Once this ordeal is completed I'll post my exact credit position, baddies etc. Ovrt in the 'Rebuild Section'.

Goal Score: EX 700|TU 700|EQ700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

HiltonHonors AMEX 2K | Amazon Store CC $800 | Bed Bath & Beyond 2K | Lowes CC 11K | Cap 1 Secured $500 | Cap 1 Plat $300 | Cap 1 Savor 1K |Citi Secured $200 | Target $500 | Kohl's $1K | Truist Cashback 4.5K | Penfed Power Cash Back 3.5K |Apple Pay CC 3K | Venmo Sig Visa 7.5K | SECU 13.5K | Bragg Mutual FCU 10K | Best Buy Citi Visa $2.5K | DiscoverIT CB 11.5K
Message 11 of 19
Cookiegrabber
Regular Contributor

:'(

Starting Scores: No Scores (03/2018)
Current Scores: 779 - 789 (08/2023)
Goal Scores: 780 across the board

Current Total Credit Limit: $109,900 (08/2023)
Message 12 of 19
AlpedHuez
Contributor

I applied for membership twice with them each was denied due to 'unable to verify identity' even uploading what they request for documentation. I was told "Come to a branch.", like I am flying halfway across the country just to join? I then researched a little on the internet after the denials and found some posts in this forum noting they are super uptight about addresses matching between the application and documentation. 

I wasted two hard pulls trying to join, like another poster mentioned in this thread there are plenty of other financial institutions who aren't as conservative and make it way easier to do business with them.

Message 13 of 19
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

*Update #3

Well my SDFCU CC Application is still showing "Pending" 😑 I'm thinking the UW's are swamped and haven't really pulled anything yet or I would've gotten that 'decline' by now. (Just found out theres a chex systems ding from three years ago on my report.)

That is why I couldn't get in with them. Uggg! I've ordered my CS report and will pay that account in full.

Thanks for the info as well everyone, I'll be ready in mid 2020 for a re-try with SDFCU.

HiltonHonors AMEX 2K | Amazon Store CC $800 | Bed Bath & Beyond 2K | Lowes CC 11K | Cap 1 Secured $500 | Cap 1 Plat $300 | Cap 1 Savor 1K |Citi Secured $200 | Target $500 | Kohl's $1K | Truist Cashback 4.5K | Penfed Power Cash Back 3.5K |Apple Pay CC 3K | Venmo Sig Visa 7.5K | SECU 13.5K | Bragg Mutual FCU 10K | Best Buy Citi Visa $2.5K | DiscoverIT CB 11.5K
Message 14 of 19
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Find a CU that doesn't use Chex system. DCU SPs EQ, not sure if they pull Chex.
Message 15 of 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

IIRC, when I joined DCU (several years ago) they pulled ChexSystems 🙃
Message 16 of 19
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

*Update #3
So I got an email from the CC CL from SDFCU asking that I call them to answer questions regarding my CC request.
(Mind you it's been pending now since the 4th of Jan)

I called them this morning and the CL Rep told me they have everything but were just waiting on my savings account info.

😑 If you see my previous update you'll know that a Chexsystem dept from 3 years ago is keeping me from joining.

So I asked how long my current app is good for the CL told me for about 30 days. As you can imagine I am now scrambling to get this CS debt paid lol.

But the irony of this whole ordeal is something else...soooooooo close!!!

I'm hoping they (SDFCU) will take a paid receipt showing the debt paid off my CS report 🙄. If I can pull this off it will be amazing lol.

Message 17 of 19
frugal47374
Regular Contributor

Can we have an update?

I'm planning to apply for their 2% cash back card before my next foreign trip and am curious how long it will take to get approved.

Message 18 of 19
Namaste7
Established Contributor

@frugal47374 wrote:

Can we have an update?

I'm planning to apply for their 2% cash back card before my next foreign trip and am curious how long it will take to get approved.

SDFCU is a local community union--every one is nice but it's not an efficient institution. Between the application and receipt of the card, expect 3-4 weeks. You have an option to pay for expedited shipping but the approval could still time. If you are not a member, I'd recommend going into a branch with ID, funds for the initial deposit and POI if required for the CC app. 

~~MMXX~~
2024 Goal$
2023 Goal$
FICOs 760+
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.